AVG Secure Browser is a free web browser for Windows with a built-in security and privacy center. This app main goal, all with a familiar easy-to-use interface. Unlike other regular browsers, it assures that your data remains private and secure — from the very moment you first launch it. Powered by Chromium, it is perfect for those that want to experience high bandwidth speed, at the same time, save private information from hackers, scammers, and viruses.
It does not require complex installation, configuration, or other adjustments in your browser settings. It is simply a small but powerful application that should be a great addition to any device.
With that in mind, having your privacy protected becomes a matter of just how good your computer’s software is at coping with these types of threats. And, obviously, having a competent and trustworthy web browser is a very good start to solving all these potential problems.
- Private Browsing mode
- Automatically blocks ads
- Seamless integration with AVG AntiVirus and AVG Secure VPN
- Forces HTTPS encryption
- Protects you against tracking scripts
- Help mask your browser’s fingerprint
That’s exactly why you might (and should) be interested in giving web browser a chance. Built by the team of security experts at AVG, this browser is all about protecting your online privacy, and straight off the bat, it has a lot of features to make a good case for itself.
For starters, it’s important to know that it’s based on the world’s most popular browser open-source project, Chromium. This ensures that you can benefit from one of (if not the best) web browsing engines out there, and all the resulting benefits such as a familiar interface and access to millions of extensions from Google’s Chrome Web Store.
AVG Secure Browser Features
- Anti-Fingerprinting: Make it harder for websites to identify your digital fingerprint by making your browser look less unique.
- Anti-Tracking: Protects your privacy by requesting that websites, advertising companies, and other web services stop tracking your online activity.
- Privacy Cleaner: Cleans your browser history, cached images, cookies, and other junk with just one click, to keep your activity private and free up disk space.
- Stealth Mode: Prevents your browsing history from being stored and dumps any tracking cookies or web cache you pick up during that browsing session.
- AVG Secure VPN integration: Prevents snoopers from eavesdropping, allows you to change your location and to access content not available in your own country. Requires AVG Secure VPN application.
- Adblock: Stops ads to help web pages load faster and give you a cleaner browsing experience. All with the flexibility to choose whether you block everything or just malicious ads.
- Built on Chromium: Based on the world’s most popular browser open-source project, leveraging the latest web technologies to give you the most seamless browsing experience.
- Extension guard: Third-party extensions often pose a significant threat to your online security and privacy. Download AVG Secure Browser for PC today!
- Anti-Phishing: Blocks malicious websites and downloads by using an internal malware knowledge base to constantly detect threats in real-time.
- Bank Mode: Prevents hackers from seeing what you type so they cannot steal your passwords, credit card numbers, and other personal data.
- Password Manager: Safely store, create, and autofill your login credentials for your favorite sites.
- Flash Protect: Automatically blocks Flash-based content from running unless you choose to allow it, to stop it from hogging computer resources.
Of course, being an AVG product, it obviously boasts integration with various AVG apps and services. From the browser’s Security & Privacy Center, you can download and install AVG Antivirus and AVG Secure VPN.
By providing this easy VPN integration, the browser allows you to effortlessly change your location and access geo-restricted content, all while ensuring that your privacy is always protected.
Pros And Cons of AVG Secure Browser
|Built-in ad blocker||Lacks dark web monitoring|
|Masks users digital fingerprint||Limited customer support|
|Requires 400 MB disk space||It does not support multiple user profiles|
|Optional VPN integration||It limited authentication features|
|Operating System||Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10|
|Storage Space||500 MB free hard disk space.|
|Software Name||Avg Secure Browser Software For Windows V 80.0.3624.134|
|File Size||5 MB|
|Languages||English, Italian, French, Spanish, Polish, Chinese, German, Japanese|
|Release Date||March 25, 2020|
AVG Secure Browser is without a doubt a very interesting product that has enough qualities to convince anyone to make it her or his default browser. It’s just as easy to use and as flexible as Chrome, but with the added benefit of having various state-of-the-art web security features tucked underneath its hood.
The result is not the only browser with increased web protection, but also a browser that’s up to four times faster than most web browsers out there thanks to its engine that automatically blocks annoying ads, protects against tracking scripts, masks your online fingerprint, and forces HTTPS encryption browser.
Download Software For Windows