AutoCAD Civil 3D software is a leading civil engineering design program for Windows PC, provides project teams with more comprehensive surveying, design, analysis, and documentation solution that enables them to complete land development, transportation, and environmental projects faster and with improved accuracy. It provides the tools needed to create coordinated, reliable design information; optimize designs with analysis, simulation, and visualization; and deliver higher-quality documentation and digital models for construction and operations. The model-centric technology at the core of this software helps to keep the design, analysis, and documentation coordinated so you can minimize errors and omissions, accelerate decision making, and shorten production time, helping to gain a competitive advantage for your organization.
Perform faster design iterations with an intelligent, 3D model-based application that dynamically updates related design elements when changes are made! Design and layout intersections, roundabouts, and corridors, parcels, pipes, and grading with specific tools and customizable design standards. Access and use geospatial data, including LiDAR, and perform analysis to help evaluate existing conditions. Conduct interactive 3D simulations and visualizations to better evaluate project performance and help to communicate design intent and much more!
The main window of AutoCAD Civil 3D might seem overwhelming at first, but professionals should encounter no issues in finding their way around the numerous tabs and menus. Features are neatly organized so that you can easily open existing designs or create new ones from scratch, as well as insert complex objects and shapes or convert their 2D polylines to 3D and vice versa. The displayed objects can also be trimmed, extended, divided, merged or cropped, but also removed or isolated with a basic mouse click.
Furthermore, you can adjust the view mode depending on your necessities: 2D or 3D wireframe, conceptual, realistic, shaded, sketchy or X-ray. Due to this functionality, you can thoroughly analyze your design and make sure there are no flaws. Once the design is complete, it can be exported to PDF (to share it with colleagues) or to DWF if you want to later open and edit the project using any CAD app.
AutoCAD Civil 3D Software Features
- Relative elevation feature lines: Obtain feature lines from a surface or relative to a surface, so feature lines update with changes to the surface.
- Dynamic offset profiles: Create dynamic offset profiles using a default cross slope. Modify them by editing the profile properties.
- Connected alignments: Create a new dynamically linked alignment and profile that transitions between 2 intersecting alignments and their profiles.
- Pipe sizing and analysis: Resize pipes and reset inverts, and compute the energy and hydraulic grade lines according to HEC-22 2009 standards.
- Plan and profile sheet generation: Create a plan/plan and profile/profile sheets by including multiple plans or profile views on a single sheet.
- Label property set data: Add custom data to Civil 3D object labels by using property sets.
- Traverse editor: Create points, lines, and curves representing traverse legs and sideshows using COGO input and editing tools.
- Corridor overlap resolution (bowties): Resolve corridor bowties in daylighting conditions.
AutoCAD Civil 3d Pros And Cons
|Advanced 3D workspace||Requires extensive training|
|Advanced 3D workspace Manage complex projects||Very complex software that takes time to use|
|Share designs through the cloud|
|Extremely precise details and measures|
|Processor||Pentium 4 or Athlon processor, 3.0 GHz or greater, or Intel or AMD dual-core processor, 2.0 GHz or greater|
|Memory||8 GB RAM or more|
|Storage Space||2 GB free hard disk available, not including installation requirements|
|Display Resolution||1,280 x 1,024 true color video display adapter 128 MB or greater, Pixel Shader 3.0 or greater, Direct3D® capable workstation-class graphics card (1,600 x 1,200 display with true color recommended; multiple monitors are supported)|
|Software Name||AutoCAD Civil 3D Software For Windows V 2020.2|
|File Size||307.2 KB|
AutoCAD Civil 3D can help civil engineers, designers or technicians review and test their projects for transportation, land development, geospatial analysis and so on, to make sure there are no flaws.
Download Software For Windows