Developers have some protocols to follow when they build applications and programs for various platforms, each and every newly developed app or software must be tested thoroughly for errors prior to releasing them to the public. Sometimes these platforms may be special devices that are different than your common devices. In these cases, a dedicated tool must be used, such as Atmel Studio.
Building applications for specific platforms and checking them for errors before acknowledging they are suitable for production are tasks that many developers have to deal with on a regular basis. When it comes to special devices and components, you can use dedicated tools like Atmel Studio.
Software Building, Designing, and Testing
It allows you to build applications that contain Atmel AVR microcontroller technology and Atmel ARM Cortex-M technology. There are several tasks that you can perform with this software.
You can use the software to build projects from scratch, test the software for errors, and then verify it. Within the package building process, the editor can add suggestions to make writing code easier. These suggestions are done immediately after certain letters are placed on the canvas. There are several premade samples you can choose to start your work with as well.
Expanded Possibilities with Built-in Simulator
You can increase the speed of the app-building by using the dedicated C++ compiler that is available. There is also an assembler and simulator which can be used simultaneously to ensure that you properly test your final products. A strong debugger with several useful functions is used to examine the code and locate all possible errors that may be in it.
The environment has an extension integrated into it called “The Visual Assist X.” This extension is designed to enhance the efficiency of writing code and refactoring it. There is also a simulator that provides central processing unit emulation and input and output module emulation. Overall, This software has so many tools built into it which work together to making the app designing process a much more stress-free experience.
Professional Software Development Tools
Atmel Studio is designed for professional developers and programmers to use. You must have advanced knowledge of coding to achieve maximum results.
Atmel Studio Development Tool Features
Atmel Software Framework (ASF):
- Vast source code library, including drivers, communication stacks, graphic services, and touch functionality. ASF enables customers to focus on application differentiation and accelerates design time
- ASF Explorer for selecting and integrating ASF components into your own design
Atmel QTouch Composer:
- Seamlessly ties together the tools required to edit the code in Atmel Studio 6 and to tune touch designs, making it easier than ever to integrate capacitive touch functionality into applications
- The validation wizard provides an easy and intuitive way of testing system performance
- With the power analyzer, users can monitor the power consumption of the microcontroller in real-time.
Wireless Composer 1.0:
- Provides a performance test application and contains easy-to-understand displays to configure, command, and monitor information coming from the performance test application running on the target
Integrated C/C++ compiler:
- Provides one seamless environment with everything the designer needs to write, build, program and debug C/C++ and assembly code
- Customers can choose the coding style that best fits their project and generates the most optimal code for their designs.
Other Features of Atmel Studio 7
- It support for 500+ AVR and SAM devices
- Vast source code library, including drivers, communication stacks, 1,600+ project examples with source code, graphic services, and touch functionality through Advanced Software Framework (ASF)
- IDE extensions through Atmel Gallery, the online apps store, for development tools and embedded software from Microchip and third parties
- Tune capacitive touch designs, validate system performance, monitor power consumption, and real-time data and trace graphing with Atmel QTouch Composer
- Configure and test the performance of wireless designs with the Wireless Composer running on the target
- Write and debug C/C++ and assembly code with the integrated compiler
- Advanced debugging features include complex data breakpoints, nonintrusive trace support (SAM3 and SAM4 devices), statistical code profiling, interrupt trace/monitoring, polled data tracing (Cortex-M0+ devices), real-time variable tracking with optional timestamping.
- Integrated editor with visual assist
- Project wizard allowing projects created from scratch or from a large library of design examples
- In-system programming and debugging provides an interface to all Atmel in-circuit programmers and debuggers
- Create transparent debug views into CPU and peripherals for easy code development and debugging
- Full chip simulation for an accurate model of CPU, interrupts, peripherals, and external stimuli
Projects can be built from the ground up, tested and verified within the same environment. Part of the package, the editor facilitates code writing by adding suggestions as soon as some letters of a certain symbol are put down on the canvas. More so, you can begin your work by selecting one of the numerous pre-existing samples.
System Requirements of Atmel Studio
|Visual Studio||VISUAL STUDIO SHELL|
|Framework||.NET FRAMEWORK 4.0|
|Processor||A computer that has a 1.6 GHz or faster processor|
|Memory||1 GB RAM for x86 ( 2 GB RAM for x64 )
An additional 512 MB RAM if running in a Virtual Machine
|Storage Space||6 GB of available hard disk space|
|Software Name||Atmel Studio Software For Windows V 7.0.2397|
|File Size||874 MB|
|Languages||English, Italian, French, Spanish, Polish, Chinese, German, Japanese|
|Developer||Microchip Technology Inc.|
Atmel Studio is a rather specialized software solution and because it requires solid knowledge in order to yield the best results, Atmel Studio is evidently tailored for professionals rather than the larger public.
Download Software For Windows