Acorn is an image editor for Mac OS 10.10 and later. One of a kind, no subscriptions, no hassle. Download Acorn for Mac today and start using it right away. The app is a new image editor built with one goal in mind – simplicity. Fast, easy, and fluid, the tool provides the options you’ll need without any overhead. The app feels right, and won’t drain your bank account.
This software provides basic capabilities, can work with vector tools, includes custom brushes and various filter effects, and makes sure that its interface is as intuitive as possible.
Acorn Image Editor For Mac Software Features
- Shape Processor: Shape processors are filters for shape layers which allow you to move, tweak, generate, and adjust shapes. Best of all, the shape processors are non-destructible and stackable just like Acorn’s filters.
- Circle Text Tool: Quickly and easily place your text on a circle to create logos and other useful text designs. Modify your text with on-canvas controls for circle radius, rotation, and inversion. Use the baseline and kerning sliders to get things looking just right.
- Photoshop Brush Import: The app will now import Photoshop brush files (.abr). Just drag and drop the Photoshop brush file onto the tool to import and make new brushes.
- Improved Crop: Trim out parts of your image and even rotate your image while you crop to make the perfect scene. You can even use the crop tool to quickly increase the size of your canvas.
- Non-Destructive Levels and Curves: Levels and Curves have joined all the other non-destructive filters in the tool. You can use Levels and Curves on both bitmap and shape layers, and even save your Curves as a preset for quick editing in the future.
- New Filters and Blend Modes: Pin Light and Mask are two of the newest blending modes Acorn for macOS has to offer. The app also has new filters including Offset, Redraw, and Remove Color Cast, as well as additional options for using filters on selections.
- Soft Brushes for Clone, Burn, Etc: The Clone, Paint, Smudge, Dodge, Burn, and other tools that work on pixels now have their own super configurable brushes with the tool’s awesome brush designer. Now you can have scattered for the Clone tool, or adjust flow and softness for the Burn tool. The options are endless.
- Snapping: Use the app’s snapping to line things up perfectly. Snap to grid, guides, selections, shapes, layers, and the canvas.
- Hundreds of Little Improvements: PDF import options, editable Exif data, Bezier and star shape tool improvements to name only a few. It all adds up to make the app even nicer.
- Photo Effects: Tilt-shift, vignette, drop shadow, gradients, sharpening, colour correction, distortions, blurs and over a hundred more. With Acorn’s filter panel, adding effects to your images has never been so easy. Effects can be seen in real-time, so you can get your adjustments just right.
- Vector Tools: Stars, arrows, Bezier curves, boolean operations, and text tools including circle text and path text are just a few of the vector features awaiting you. Modify stroke alignment, line join style and shape blending all from within the inspector palette.
- Web Export Goodness: Zoom, pan, and use shortcuts to change the scale of your image. Keep or remove image metadata, and find pixels that are out of range of sRGB. Preview your changes prior to exporting and compare to the original. Observe file size adjustments in real-time.
- Clone Across Images, Layers, and More: Acorn’s clone tool upgrades include the ability to clone across different images, layers, and to even clone from group or shape layers. Easily modify the brush softness and flow in the inspector palette. Hold down the shift key each time you click, and Acorn will treat the clone tool as a stamp tool.
- Smart Layer Export: Smart Layer Export is similar to slicing. Check out the new configurable palette to setup a layer’s Smart Layer Export settings. Adjust the movable frame that represents the export bounds of your image, name your file, and you can even choose to have your layer automatically export as @1x, @2x, @3x-@5x. sizes.
It allows you to create all sorts and regular or irregular shapes by using the bezier pen or the line/rectangular/oval/star shape. Since the application is employing vector tools, the results will look perfect regardless of the resolution you are using.
Pros And Cons of Image Editor For Mac OS
|The latest version adds lots of new handy features||Lacks high-end image editing options|
|Easier to use than Photoshop||No iCloud integration|
|Sensitive brush strokes||The lacks a pen selection tool|
|All tools are in one place|
|Multiple window view|
Frequently Ask Question of Acorn For Mac
Are there differences between the Direct and App Store versions of Acorn?
Yes, there are some small differences.
Does Acorn open up layered Photoshop files?
Yes! Acorn will open up layered 32bit PSD to the best of its ability. The only app that’s going to be 100% compatible with .psd files is the latest version of Adobe’s Photoshop of course.
Does Acorn use a subscription?
Nope! We have a simple philosophy- you buy a thing, you get a thing.
System Requirements of Acorn for Mac OS
|Operating System||Mac OS X 10.10 or later version|
|Software Name||Acorn Software For Mac V 6.5.3|
|File Size||13.4 MB|
Acorn also provides quick access to a fairly large collection of image effects: blur, colour adjustment, colour effect, distortion effect, gradient, halftone, sharpen, stylize, tile, and more. This way you can achieve amazing effects in virtually no time.