dotConnect for Oracle, formerly known as OraDirect .NET, is an enhanced ORM-enabled data provider for Oracle that builds on ADO.NET technology to present a complete solution for developing Oracle-based database applications. It introduces new approaches for designing application architecture, boosts productivity, and facilitates the development of database applications.
dotConnect for Oracle represents an advanced ORM-enabled data provider for Oracle, which gives you the possibility to create and design Oracle-based database programs using ADO.NET. It supports advanced queuing, pipes, alerts, direct path loading, transparent app failover, REF cursors, change notifications, packages, and objects, among other features.
Fast and Advanced ADO.NET Provider
dotConnect for Oracle offers both high performance native connectivity to the Oracle database and a number of innovative development tools and technologies. It supports a wide range of Oracle-specific features, such as Advanced Queuing, Alerts, Pipes, Direct Path Loading, Change notifications, Transparent Application Failover, REF cursors, objects, packages, and others.
The app for Oracle provides a vast number of GUI tools that increase your productivity. It integrates into Visual Studio Server Explorer and other tools and provides advanced visual component editors to simplify component tweaking. DataSet tools, such as DataSet Wizard, DataSet Editor, DataSet Manager, provide you an easy way to create and edit typed and untyped DataSets.
dotConnect for Oracle offers enhanced ORM support with a bundled visual designer for ORM models – Entity Developer. dot Connect for Oracle supports ADO.NET Entity Framework, NHibernate, and LinqConnect (formerly known as LINQ to Oracle) – our own ORM solution, closely compatible to Microsoft LINQ to SQL, while extending its functionality with its own features.
dotConnect for Oracle Database Software For Windows Features
- .NET Framework support
- ADO.NET core classes
- Native data types classes and structures
- Direct mode to connect without Oracle Client
- OracleScript, OracleMonitor, OracleDataTable, OracleDataSet, OracleLoader, OraclePackage, OracleAlerter, OraclePipe, OracleTrace, OracleDependency, and DataLink classes
- OracleDataSource component for web applications
- Design-time features, including component editors and property editors
- Oracle Advanced Queue technology support
- Entity Framework support
- LinqConnect support
- NHibernate support
- Entity Developer
- Workflow Foundation support
- Advanced Visual Studio 2008 – 2015 integration
- ASP.NET providers support
- SQL Server Business Intelligence Solutions support
- Sync Framework support
- Enterprise Library support
- InterForm technology
- DataSet Manager and Editor
- DataSet Wizard
- Oracle Package Wizard
- Oracle Object Wizard
- Migration Wizard
- dbMonitor support
The data provider can be integrated with Visual Studio Server Explorer and other tools, featuring comprehensive tools for customizing visual components. For example, with the aid of DataSet tools like DataSet Wizard, DataSet Editor, DataSet Manager, you can create and design typed and untyped DataSets.
ORM models can be developed using Entity Developer. dotConnect for Oracle offers support for NHibernate, ADO.NET Entity Framework, and LinqConnection (previously known as LINQ to Oracle), a proprietary ORM solution that resembles Microsoft LINQ to SQL.
|Operating System||Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10|
|.Net Framework||.Net Framework 4|
dotConnect for Oracle FAQs
Can the product be installed on more than one machine?
You may install, activate, and use ONE (1) copy of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT on ONE (1) computer provided it is used by ONE (1) person. You may install, activate and use an additional copy of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT on a second portable device, laptop, or home COMPUTER for the exclusive use of the same person only.
Do the end-users of my own product that uses the Devart assemblies need a license?
No, end-users of your application do not require any license.
How to activate dbForge tools?
This activation method requires an active Internet connection.
To activate dbForge Studio for SQL Server online:
- If you haven’t purchased dbForge Studio for SQL Server, click Buy Now… on the pop-up window that appears at the startup of dbForge Studio for SQL Server.
If you already have your activation key, click Activate… Alternatively, click Activate Product in the Help menu.
- The Activation window opens. Copy the activation key from the e-mail that was sent to you after your purchase, and paste it into the edit box.
The activation key looks like a long sequence of letters and digits.
- Click Activate.
This activation method allows you to activate the product right at the Devart website when online activation fails.
To activate dbForge Studio for SQL Server offline:
- Click the Manual Activation button in the Activation window. It opens when online activation fails.
- Copy the activation request text with the Copy to Clipboard button, or save it to a text file with the Save to File… button.
- Open the Manual Product Activation page on the Devart website and paste the copied text into the text box. Click Download license.
A license file with the .lic extension will be downloaded to your computer.
- Return back to dbForge Studio’s Activation window and click the Load license button. Specify the location of the downloaded .lic file and click Open.
Video Tutorial of dotConnect For Oracle Database Connection Software
What’s New In This Latest Version:
- Visual Studio 2019 version 16.4 Preview is supported
- Long object names support in Oracle 12.2 and higher is added
- The bug with calling overloaded stored procedures and functions is fixed
- The DbContext template is improved: precision and scale for database types are generated now in EF4/EF5/EF6 models when Fluent Mapping=True and Mapping Generation Strategy=UseAttributes
- The bug with throwing the EntityFrameworkCoreVersion error in Create Model Wizard in a standalone Entity Developer is fixed
- The bug with incorrect detecting DatabaseGeneratedOption.Identity for the properties with DEFAULT NULL in a database, when “Detect function-based column default value” is selected in Create Model Wizard, is fixed in EF4/EF5/EF6
Entity Framework support:
- Entity Framework Core 2.2.6 is supported