doPDF is a free PDF printer that does what the name suggests, creates PDF files. Once installed it will allow you to convert any type of printable documents to PDF files. doPDF installs itself as a virtual PDF printer driver so after a successful installation will appear in your Printers and Faxes list and also in the list of All Programs. Using this software you can convert to PDF in two ways:
You would do this exactly as you print to a regular printer, just the result will be a PDF file, not a printed piece of paper.
doPDF has an executable file (accessible from the start program group) that you can run in order to start a conversion wizard.
Features of doPDF
- Predefined page size: You can select a predefined page size for the resulting PDF file such as: A0, A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, A6, B4/5, Letter, Legal, Executive, Envelope DL/C5/B5/Monarch/#10, ANSI, ARCH (50 different formats available)
- PDF output presets: You can create high-quality PDF files (i.e. for printing) or smaller files (i.e. for web publishing), depending on your needs. You can also choose to balance the two options by using the medium quality preset.
We always recommend using the latest version of doPDF and its integrated automatic update engine will keep your version current. Update checks can be scheduled daily, weekly or monthly, but you can also disable this feature.
- Add Document info: Add document information for the resulting PDF file that helps especially with indexing. You can add a PDF title, subject, author, keywords and PDF creator. These details will show up in the PDF metadata info displayed in the PDF viewer.
- Graphic scale: The content of the resulting PDF can be shrunk to 1% off the original size or enlarged up to 400%.
- Addin for Microsoft Office: During installation, you can install the novaPDF add-in for Microsoft Office. This allows doPDF to offer one-click conversion to PDF from Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Visio).
- PDF Links and Bookmarks (add-in only): When you convert PDFs using the add-in for Microsoft Office, you can convert bookmarks and links from the original document in the resulting PDF file.
- Always use this folder: You can have doPDF create and save the PDF file to the same folder each time, no matter where you open the original document from.
- Embed font subsets: To ensure that the resulting PDF file will look exactly as originally intended, doPDF embeds by default the font subsets used in the original document.
- Open with the PDF reader: You can choose to have the PDF opened with the default PDF reader once it’s converted.
|Operating system||Windows all version|
|Hard disk space||10 MB of the hard drive.|
Download for Windows