DiskGenius (formerly PartitionGuru) will recover your files in different data loss situations and get you out of trouble. This is a free partition manager software with full-featured, that is designed to optimize disk usage for Windows users. It allows you to resize, extend, split, create, delete, format, hides, copy, and erase partition to maximize disk space use. Create a system image backup for current Windows with simple clicks to keep the operating system under protection!
Safely and easily change the existing partition size or divide a partition into two smaller ones without losing any data. One-click partition a hard drive. It’s very convenient to partition a new hard drive or repartition disk that contains partitions already. Permanently erase existing and deleted data in a partition so that files cannot be recovered by any method well protecting sensitive data. This Partition Manager can help you create and format a partition with the desired filesystem format. It supports NTFS, exFAT, FAT32, FAT16, FAT12, EXT2, EXT3, and EXT4 file systems. Create a WinPE bootable disk and you can manage disk partition when a system crashes or there is no operating system on your computer.
What is the meaning of Disk Partition?
Disk partitioning or disk slicing is the creation of one or more regions on secondary storage so that each region can be managed separately. These regions are called partitions. It is typically the first step of preparing a newly installed disk before any file system is created. The disk stores the information about the partitions’ locations and sizes in an area known as the partition table that the operating system reads before any other part of the disk. Each partition then appears to the operating system as a distinct “logical” disk that uses part of the actual disk. System administrators use a program called a partition editor to create, resize, delete, and manipulate the partitions. Partitioning allows the use of different filesystems to be installed for different kinds of files. Separating user data from system data can prevent the system partition from becoming full and rendering the system unusable.
The utility has a simple interface that should be easy to figure out by all users. It displays all the detected partitions within its main window. As mentioned, the program can not only be used for managing partitions, but also for recovering data, formatting, creating and deleting partitions. It can also recover lost files, lost partitions, clone partitions and discs to image files, as well as many other jobs. Furthermore, resizing and splitting partitions, as well as hiding and renaming them is also on the job list.
You may view various details regarding each of the partitions, such as the file system, ID, start and end cylinders, as well as overall capacity. Advanced information regarding the volume label can be viewed as well.
If there are any bad sectors on the hard disk, the program can repair them. This can prevent future hard disk failure to some extent. Furthermore, This software can verify the disk for errors in the partition table, build a virtual RAID, and format USB disks.
DiskGenius Best Free Partition Manager Software Benefits
- Image Partition: Efficiently back up everything on partition into one compressed file via several clicks, so that you can restore data from the image file when data loss or disaster occurs.
- Clone Partition: Copy all data from one partition to another without interrupting any running programs, assuring you a copy 100% identical to the original drive.
- Browse image files: Browse and retrieve files in the image file without restoring partition, and copy desired files/folders to a target location.
- Supported file systems: Support backing up partitions formatted as NTFS, exFAT, FAT32, FAT16, FAT12, Ext2, Ext3, and Ext4.
Once everything gets ready, you can start erasing the computer hard drive or external disks. The best part of this instruction will show you how to erase storage devices in different ways.
|Operating System||Window, 7, 8, 10|
|Processor||1 GHz x86 or compatible CPU|
|Memory||512 MB RAM|
|Required Device||Mouse and Keyboard|
|Supported File System||FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, exFAT, NTFS, EXT2, EXT3,
DiskGenius Free Partition Manager Software For Windows 10 Features
- Provide basic partition operation include create a new partition, delete partition, hide partition. You can specify the detailed parameters of partitions.
- Support many types of fixed disks such as IDE, SCSI, and SATA, etc. It also supports a USB flash Disk, USB hard disk, memory card.
- Support the FAT12/FAT16/FAT32/NTFS file system.
- Can read files on the EXT2/EXT3 file system. Support Linux Logical Volume Management (LVM2).
- Support the GUID partition table style. Support GPT disks.
- Can quickly format FAT12/FAT16/FAT32/NTFS partitions. You can specify cluster size or select the option to compress the NTFS partition while formatting.
- Can browse any files in any supported partitions including hidden partitions, and also including the files that can not be accessed in the normal way. Even you can forcibly delete the files in supported partitions.
- Support assign or remove drive letters.
- Support deleted files recovery and recover files from formatted or inaccessible FAT12/FAT16/FAT32/NTFS partitions.
- Support lost partitions recovery (rebuild partition table). During the recovery operation, you can immediately see the files in the lost partitions. This is the best way to determine whether the partition found by Disk Genius is just what you are looking for. Even you can recover lost files from the partition while the partition table is not saved to disk.
- Can backup partition table to a file or restore it from the file?
- Can backup whole partition to image file and restore partition from image file.
- Support copying partitions. Provide three copying modes include “Copy all sectors“, “Copy all valid sectors” and “Copy all files“.
- Support copying disks. Also, provide three copying modes like partitions copying.
- Support VMWare virtual disk file (“.vmdk” file). Operate it like ordinary disks.
- Can copy files (from or to the virtual disk), recover lost files from the virtual disk file while the VMWare virtual machine is not running.
- Support “.img”, “.ima” image file format.
- Support make USB-FDD and USB-ZIP mode bootable disk.
Aside from partition management and disk repair capabilities, DiskGenius also features a few file management tools, allowing you to move or copy files from one place to another, rename and delete them, all with a few clicks. Moreover, you can use it to recover data that was accidentally lost.
DiskGenius Free Partition Manager FAQs
How to recover data from a damaged SD card?
Here is a step-by-step instruction to recover data from a damaged SD card using Eassos DiskGenius. If you have installed the software, you can try the following steps one by one.
How does the partition gets deleted or lost?
There are a few factors that could cause the loss of partition, including:
- During system installation, you are asked whether to keep the previous partition on the hard drive. If you choose NO and partitions will get deleted.
- Repartition hard drive: The disk repartition process deletes all existing partitions and then creates new volumes.
- Partition table damaged: The partition table saves information for disk partitions. If the partition is damaged somehow, partitions on the disk may disappear.
- Power outage: Sudden power failure can cause various issues to partitions, and one might be partition loss.
- Virus infection: A partition or file may get deleted when the computer is attacked by a virus or malware.
- Hard drive bad sectors: A hard drive that contains bad sectors may become empty. If you check it in Disk Management, the entire disk is unallocated space without any partitions.https://download.zone/auslogics-file-recovery-download/
- Improper operations: Some operations may clean hard drives, for example, you use the “clean” command in Diskpart.
Why is the license code invalid?
If you get the invalid code error, please try again with these tips:
- Copy and paste the license code instead of typing manually in the dialog box.
- Please make sure there are not extra spaces or characters along with the code while copying the license code.
- Please make sure the license code matches the software you are trying to register.
- If these still do not help, please contact our support team for further assistance.
What to do if I purchased the wrong software?
DiskGenius Older Versions
DiskGenius Free Partition Manager Overview
|File Size||62.0 MB|
|Languages||English, Italian, French, Spanish, Polish, Chinese, German, Japanese|
DiskGenius is a nice tool that is sure to come in handy. Inexperienced users shouldn’t have any troubles with installing and working with this program, thanks to the intuitive layout.