DiskDigger is one of the most admired file recovery solutions that undeletes and recovers lost files from your hard drive, memory cards, USB flash drives — you name it! Whether you accidentally deleted some documents or photos from your computer, reformatted your camera’s memory card, or want to see what files are lurking on an old USB drive, DiskDigger is here for you. See the complete list of features to learn more. DiskDigger promises to offer you exactly the things you need when trying to get back mistaken-removed data.
In plain English, it claims it comprises not only a very effective data recovery software but also an easy to use interface and plenty of settings to play with.
And as far as we’re concerned, the amount of information provided to the user at any given moment indeed makes the app easy to use, but a dedicated help section with a comprehensive manual would help a lot.
Still, the whole recovery process has been designed as a wizard, which means users need to follow a few steps and configure the task as they advance towards the end of the process.
DiskDigger works with FAT, NTFS, and exFAT partitions and comes with support for a wide array of file formats, such as photos and images, documents, audios and videos, archives, virtual CD images, DLLs and executable files.
Note: If you are facing issue to recover data from a scratched or damaged Cd-DVD, you may also try our article here about how to recover that data.
Features of DiskDigger:
- Undelete files from FAT (FAT12, FAT16, FAT32), NTFS, and exFAT partitions.
- Filter recoverable files by name and size.
- Sort recoverable files by name, size, date, and directory.
- Scan (carve) entire disk for traces of specific file types.
Supported file types include:
- Photos and images: JPG, PNG, GIF, BMP, TIFF, ICO, ANI, CR2, SR2, NEF, DCR, PEF, SVG
- Documents: DOC, DOCX, XLS, XLSX, PPT, PPTX, VSD, PDF, XML, RTF, WPD
- Audio and video: MP3, WMA, AVI, WAV, MID, FLV, WMV, MOV, M4A, M4V, 3GP, F4V
- Other: ZIP, ISO, RAR, 7Z, EXE, DLL, SIT
- Works in Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP. Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows are supported.
- View recoverable files as a list, or as thumbnail previews.
- Thumbnails will show previews of image files, album art from MP3 and WMA files, and icons from executable files!
- Selecting a recoverable file brings up a full preview of the file (insofar as possible). For image files, it will show the image (with pan and zoom). For document files, it will show a text-only preview of the document. For certain audio files, it will allow you to play back the sound.
- Ability to scan a disk image file (currently only “dd”-style image files are supported).
- When digging deeper, ability to start scanning from a specific location on the disk.
- When previewing files, the program optionally shows the first 4K bytes of the file as a hex dump.