Devart dbExpress driver for SQL Server is a database-independent layer that defines a common interface to provide fast access to SQL Server from Delphi and C++Builder including Community Edition on Windows and macOS for both 32-bit and 64-bit platforms. For this server, It provides a driver as an independent library that implements the common It interfaces for processing queries and stored procedures. As the data-access layer is thin and simple, It provides high-performance database connectivity and is easy to deploy. You can use the driver in the same way as the one supplied by Embarcadero.
The driver works by implementing the features of the dbExpress interface, which contains an independent library that processes queries and offers storage procedures. Access to the SQL Server is provided through Microsoft’s OLE DB technologies.
Enabling users enhanced connectivity for their SQL Server with the Delphi and C++ platforms, the driver uses a lightweight and efficient connection protocol that offers increased performance.
Native Connectivity to SQL Server
Applications based on the app for SQL Server are easy to deploy, do not require installation of other data provider layers (such as BDE and ODBC), and that’s why they can work faster than the ones based on standard Delphi data connectivity solutions. Moreover, dbExpress Driver for SQL Server provides working with SQL Server not only through OLE DB but through SQL Native Client as well.
Developing in Delphi and C++Builder
This tool for SQL Server is a cross-IDE solution for developing applications for Windows and macOS: RAD Studio, Delphi, and C++Builder for both x86 and x64 platforms. dbExpress driver for SQL Server also provides support for the FireMonkey platform, which allows you to develop visually spectacular high-performance native applications for Windows and macOS.
Since all the applications that are developed using this driver do not require additional data provider layers such as ODBC or BDE, they will be more efficient than the ones relying on standard Delphi connectivity. As with other software packages offered by this developer, the connectivity is offered both through the OLE database but also through the SQL native client.
Users will be able to implement this driver in some of the following IDEs: Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi, C++ Builder, and even FireMonkey (that will allow them to design high-performance applications). One important aspect that users must consider when deploying this driver is the fact that they will need to have the OLE DB installed on their machines.
dbExpress Driver For SQL Server Features
- Performance: All these components and libraries are designed to help you write high-performance, lightweight data access layers, therefore they use advanced data access algorithms and techniques of optimization.
- Database Compatibility: SQL Server 20172016201420122008 R220082005 (including Express edition), SQL Server 2000 (including MSDE), SQL Server 7, SQL Server Compact 4.03.53.1, SQL Azure.
- 64-bit Development: The app for SQL Server doesn’t limit your choice of the development platform. Now you can develop for 32-bit and 64-bit platforms with Delphi.
- dbMonitor: Use the freeware dbMonitor tool to monitor and analyze all the DB calls made by your application using dbExpressDriver for SQL Server. dbMonitor performs percomponent tracing of SQL statement execution, commits, rollbacks, etc.
- IDE Compatibility: The product is compatible with the latest IDE versions and editions including Community Edition: Embarcadero RAD Studio 10.3 Rio, Delphi 10.3 Rio, and C++Builder 10.3 Rio. It is also compatible with the previous IDE versions since Delphi 6 and C++Builder 6.
- IDE Compatibility: Now you can develop not only VCL-based applications in Delphi but also use the newest FireMonkey application development platform.
|SQL Server Version||SQL SERVER 2014, SQL SERVER 2012, SQL SERVER 2008 R2, SQL SERVER 2008, SQL SERVER 2005, SQL SERVER 2000, SQL SERVER 7 AND MSDE. DRIVER REQUIRES OLE DB INSTALLED ON WORKSTATION.|
|RAD Studio||RAD STUDIO 10.1 BERLIN, RAD STUDIO 10 SEATTLE, RAD STUDIO XE8, RAD STUDIO XE7, RAD STUDIO XE6, RAD STUDIO XE5, RAD STUDIO XE4, RAD STUDIO XE3, RAD STUDIO XE2, RAD STUDIO XE, RAD STUDIO 2010, RAD STUDIO 2009, RAD STUDIO 2007|
|Delphi||Turbo Delphi, Delphi 2006, Delphi 7, Delphi 6 and C++ Builder 6.|
|Storage Space||At least 1.2 MB of free disk space.|
Official Video Intro DbExpress Driver
DbExpress Driver Overview
|Software Name||dbExpress driver for SQL Server Software For Windows V 8.3|
|File Size||12.12 MB|
|Languages||English, Italian, French, Spanish, Polish, Chinese, German, Japanese|