Transferring files to and from remote servers is a task often carried out with the help of dedicated software, namely FTP clients. Among the many available utilities, a fairly easy to use one is CuteFTP Pro.
The application fully supports drag and drop so you just have to drag files around to upload them to an FTP server, but in case you want to stick to the old-fashioned methods, the rich right-click menu will help you in this regard.
CuteFTP Pro includes a couple of great goodies, such as an HTML editor and a podcast manager. With this application, you can even modify remote documents thanks to the built-in editor.
Besides the backup and synchronization features of this utility, the more advanced users will surely appreciate the addition of macros and scripting tool for building fully automated actions.
Otherwise, CuteFTP Pro has all the things you’d expect from a fully fledged FTP client, so you won’t be disappointed at all. Plus, it remains quite light on computer resources all the time, which means it could be easily loaded on older machines too.
In case some features of CuteFTP Pro are not easy to understand or if you’re looking for a detailed explanation about the usage of any function, there is a truly comprehensive help manual to make things clear for yours.
To sum things up, it’s safe to say that CuteFTP Pro is one of the best tools of its kind available on the market. A great feature set, an easy to use interface and a properly documented application like this one is sure to become a popular choice among all users types.
- Comprehensive protocol options, including FTP/S (SSL), HTTP/S (SSL), Secure Shell (SSH)
- OpenPGP encryption, One Time Password authentication protocol, and Password Manager
- Schedule fast, fully-automated transfers
- Create labor and time-saving scripts and macros
- Create podcast RSS feeds and manage audio files
- Connect to new sites in a snap with step-by-step wizards
- Painlessly edit remote documents with a built-in editor
- Drag and drop files for fast and easy movement – up to 100 concurrent transfers
- View thumbnails of remote images
- Securely work with multiple remote sites at one time