Unlike many other HTML checkers, CSS HTML Validator Pro features an unusually powerful custom syntax checking engine that is specifically designed to check HTML, XHTML, and CSS.
CSS HTML Validator Professional is a big step up from the standard edition due to some significant extras. It includes the Batch Wizard, the Configuration Editor, 180 days of free major upgrades, and more. The differences among the enterprise, professional, and standard editions are listed in the following table.
Check All Syntax Errors In Code
The main window of the program is intuitive and user-friendly, from where you can load your scripts and validate them. In this manner, you are able to check the HTML and CSS code so you can view if any errors are presented in your syntax. Additionally, you can check only specific warning messages.
The Tags menu stays at your disposal if you want to insert new frames, declarations, tables, lists, and headings into your code. Also, you can change HTML attributes to uppercase or lowercase, strip HTML tags and use pre-defined tables in your documents.
After configuring all the necessary settings and inserting all the objects you are interested in, you can press the “Validate” button, located in the main toolbar.
|Operating System||Windows 7, 8, 10|
|Processor||1 GHz processor|
|Display Resolution||1024 x 768 resolution monitor with a minimum of 256 colors|
CSS HTML Validator For Windows
- Built-in HTML/text editor with syntax highlighting.
- Powerful Batch Wizard (professional and enterprise editions only) that lets you easily validate multiple documents. You can also give it a URL and follow its links to validate a small to medium-sized website. The Batch Wizard can also be used as a website spell checker and link checker.
- Link checking (standard and professional editions) finds broken and problematic links. The Batch Wizard can be used as a link checker to check an entire website.
- Help functions are available from most dialog boxes.
- Comes preconfigured with HTML 2.0, HTML 3.2, HTML 4.0, HTML 4.01, HTML5, XHTML, Microsoft Internet Explorer tags, SMIL, RealText, WebTV, WML, frame, table tags, and more.
- Supports XHTML!
- Accessibility Checking checks for accessibility issues based on Section 508 US Government Standards and/or the industry-standard Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0 (WCAG 1.0) and 2.0 (WCAG 2.0)
- Notifies you when using tags and attributes that are browser-specific (Std+).
- Add your own tag names, attributes, and attribute values, or edit existing ones (Pro+)
- Using command-line arguments, HTML Validator has the ability to let you right-click on an HTML document, select a menu item from the pop-up menu, and then instantly have the errors (if any) displayed on the screen.
- Drag and Drop multiple files onto HTML Validator for validating multiple files at one time or for using a tool on multiple files at one time.
- Uppercase and Lowercase Tools that let you easily convert tags and attributes to all uppercase or lowercase.
- Strip HTML Tool that takes HTML tags out of a document.
- Convert text files from Unix, Mac, or MS-DOS to Unix, Mac, or MS-DOS.
- The Template Tool allows you to change parts of HTML documents quickly and easily. We use it extensively on this website.
- Quick Quote Tool places quotation marks around all attribute values that don’t already have them.
- Easy to use, productive, and powerful interface.
Official Video of CSS HTML Validator Software
CSS HTML Validator Software For Windows FAQs
Do I Need To Be An Html Expert To Use CSS HTML Validator?
Not at all! You only need to have a basic understanding of HTML or CSS or want to learn it. If you’re a student, then CSS HTML Validator is an excellent program to use for learning and this software even offers academic and student discounts.
Does HTML Validator Support XHTML?
Yes. Check the below options in the Validator Engine Options. Note that these options are set automatically if CSS HTML Validator detects an XHTML document. You should also make sure that the XHTML categories are active. You can do this in the Categories tab of the Configuration Editor (professional and enterprise editions).
- XML Compatibility
- Require quick close (<br/>)
- It optional closing tags
- The lowercase tags and attributes
- This code quoted attribute values
Does HTML Validator Have A DTD ("Real") Validator?
CSS HTML Validator software includes a DTD validator which can be used if turned on (it is turned off by default). However, this software’s own engine does not use a “real” SGML and DTD-based validator as defined in the strict technical meaning of “HTML validator”. We do not believe that concentrating on DTD based validation is important because:
- Current standards like HTML5 do not use legacy DTD-based validation.
- Most or all real-world browsers do not use real SGML parsers to parse HTML files. Currently, we know of no user agent that actually uses an SGML parser to parse HTML documents.
- The main purpose of writing HTML documents is so other people can obtain information using real-world browsers. They are not written for the main purpose of being 100% compliant with the official HTML standard nor for only passing validation by an SGML parser.
- A DTD validator allows “bad style” when it allows the omission of certain close tags. CSS HTML Validator helps you write better styled documents that are easier for real world browsers to understand.
Does HTML Validator Fix My HTML?
Yes! The home/standard and higher editions include the Pretty Print/Fix/HTML Tidy Tool which uses HTML Tidy to automatically format (“pretty print”) and fix HTML and XHTML. This tool can automatically fix some, but not all problems. Sometimes it is best to leave corrections up to the author to decide if to fix it, what to fix when to fix it, and how to fix it. Programs that do “auto-fix” HTML may cause other problems or “fix” things in ways that the author doesn’t want.
What’s new in this version:
What’s New In This Latest Version
- Fixed a display issue with the Find/Replace dialog on high DPI systems
- Can right-click on a color (color name or hex format) to open a web page with the color
- When reopening documents at startup, clears the reopen list if the program crashes or freezes or doesn’t finish reopening the documents (so the problem doesn’t happen again on the next startup)
- Batch Wizard: Minor fixes and now disables live spelling in the editor during job runs (to avoid unnecessary and improper live spelling behavior that might occur during Batch Wizard jobs)
- Validator: Removed the use of some flags in favor of using the message ID feature instead, and updated the ‘Flag Descriptions‘ documentation page
- Various updates, improvements, and bug fixes
CSS HTML Validator Professional is a reliable and useful program that finds misspelled and invalid tag names, attributes, and values, checks CSS syntax, notifies you about incorrect or incompatible code, and fixes broken links.