Crunchyroll is the best free anime streaming service that lets you stream anime and drama shows. While Crunchyroll began in 2006 as a forum website, the service rebranded to an official platform that obtains the rights to play licensed anime and drama TV series like Jujutsu Kaisen.
Funimation and VRV are additional streaming services that are dedicated to anime content. Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, and Netflix are generic streaming applications that have anime and drama series. Crunchyroll and VRV deliver the most anime titles to watch. TV shows are often refreshed since all the apps add and remove titles from the library lists.
The simple user interface has tabs along the top of the window. The ‘Home’ tab lets you view your queue and history. You can sign up or log in at the bottom of the window or use the hamburger menu to create an account or sign in. You can upgrade to a premium account in the menu list.
You can access the Crunchyroll store from the menu. Crunchyroll has an online store to buy anime-related merchandise. In addition to the extra features with the paid memberships, some of the paid plans also include an annual Crunchyroll swag bag.
The most recently added shows will be available in the ‘New’ tab. The ‘Anime’ area includes all the anime titles in the library. While Crunchyroll does not include a large list of dramas, you can look through the available titles in the ‘Drama’ area.
Descriptions and episode numbers will be listed for each show. You can type keywords into the search bar to quickly find content by tapping on the magnifying glass in the right corner. A ‘Sort by’ filter, which is set to ‘Popular’ by default, lets you organize the results.
English subtitles are available to read while you watch. While the audio dubs over the original audio are available, Crunchyroll mainly uses subs to translate. HIDIVE is an anime streaming app that delivers dubbed anime content in case you prefer listening to instead of reading translations.
Crunchyroll mainly delivers animated shows and comics to users. While the drama series are mostly of real actors and actresses, cartoon dramas are still available. The media that is available on Crunchyroll can fluctuate, and sometimes TV and manga series that were once available become unavailable. Crunchyroll keeps the database up to date for premium users, while free users will need to wait longer for new content.
Crunchyroll Premium Anime Streaming Service
With Crunchyroll Premium, you get:
- No ads
- New episodes one hour after airing in Japan
- Watch on Apple TV, Xbox, PS4, Roku – pretty much any internet-connected screen
Become a Premium user with in-app purchasing and auto-pay each month.
In-App Purchase information:
- Subscribe to Premium for only $7.99 per month (amount in USD in US App Store)
- Your iTunes Account will automatically be charged after you confirm your subscription
- The subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of your billing period. You can manage subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to Account Settings after purchase
- Your iTunes Account will be charged $7.99 monthly for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period
- A current subscription cannot be canceled during an active subscription period
Pros And Cons
|Large library||Ads in free version|
|Store to shop||A small list of dramas|
|Episodes are updated often||Dated user interface|
Official Video of Crunchyroll Anime Streaming
Chrunchyroll For Windows Overview
|File Size||148.7 MB|