Corona SDK is a practical and comprehensive piece of software especially intended for developers who need to create and design mobile applications effortlessly, regardless of their type and size.
Because it comes with an extensive library, you can create any application you want, starting from small tools that help you to perform basic math operations to those that allow you to share your network to other devices.
Before using the application, you need to make sure that your system contains all the required utilities, otherwise Corona SDK won’t run properly.
Since the development process is performed in Lua (described as a ‘multi-paradigm’ language), you can easily program the behavior of an application using a few lines of code. What’s more, you are able to preview all the changes instantly in the Simulator window irrespective of the app type you are developing, be it game or a business app.
The ‘New Project’ option available in the File menu allows you to develop a new application with ease. Simply specify the name and choose the project template you want such as Tab Bar, Physics-Based Game, eBook or Multiscreen. After that, you can change the orientation according to your needs.
Corona SDK Features:
Easy To Learn:
- Lua and Corona SDK are super easy to learn. Build your first app in 5 minutes using our guides, tutorials, and examples. If you can match your socks in the morning, you can make apps using Corona SDK.
Publish to Major Mobile Platforms:
- Build games and apps for all major platforms from one codebase, including iOS, Android, Kindle, Windows Phone 8, Apple TV, Android TV, OS X and Windows Desktops. No separate projects or rewrites needed.
Windows & OS X support:
- Corona’s real time, the interactive simulator runs on both Mac OS X and Windows so you can develop apps using your favorite tools.
Build apps for tvOS & Android TV:
- Target next-generation devices using Corona SDK. Publish your apps on Apple TV and Android TV and reach a much broader audience.
- Write code, save changes, instantly see results. Corona SDK offers rapid prototyping and development to save you hours of valuable time so you can move your apps off your to-do list and into the marketplace fast.
Lua is an open source scripting language designed to be lightweight, fast, yet also powerful. Lua is currently the leading scripting language in games and has been utilized in Warcraft ™, Angry Birds ™, Civilization ™ and many other popular franchises.
- for all needs
Select from numerous plugins which extend the Corona SDK core for features like in-app advertising, analytics, media, and much more.
Corona SDK includes various libraries, including the display library that uses a different API (Application Programming Interface) so it can display and manage screen content such as vector objects, images and text.
Considering all of the above, Corona SDK proves to be a steady solution worth having when you need to build applications in a more efficient way. Since it helps you to develop apps even for Android, iOS, Kindle Fire and NOOK, it comes in handy for both novice and professional users.