COMODO Cleaning Essentials is an advanced system monitoring tool a portable application that contains security tools for removing malicious agents from your computer system. It addresses users of all skill levels.
Since installation is not required, you can simply drop the program files on any location of the hard drive and run the executable file. Moreover, you can store COMODO Cleaning Essentials on a USB flash drive or similar storage unit, and run it on any computer.
The most important aspect is that no leftover items can be found in the Windows Registry or on the hard drive after removing the program. Also, you can keep COMODO Cleaning Essentials in your pocket whenever you’re on the move.
Upon deployment, you are greeted by a modern window with a simple layout. COMODO Cleaning Essentials supports three scanning modes – Smart, Full or Custom. Smart Scan goes through only the critical areas of the system, including the MBR sector (Master Boot Record) and autorun entries.
In Custom Scan mode, you can select a drive, add files and/or folders, as well as include the memory, critical areas, and boot sector, hidden Registry objects, and services, together with hidden files and folders.
During the scanning task, you can view the currently scanned item’s file path, total scanned objects, and found threats, together with the start time and duration. Once it finishes, you may view details on each error and make COMODO Cleaning Essentials either repair or ignore it. A system reboot is required to finish the scanning procedure.
Fully featured malware scanner capable of unearthing and removing viruses, rootkits, hidden files and malicious registry keys hidden deep within a system. The scanner is highly configurable, uses the latest heuristic techniques to detect previously unknown viruses, features first-class malware removal capabilities and is capable of detecting hidden drivers and services loaded during system start-up.
An advanced system monitoring tool that allows users to identify, monitor and stop potentially unsafe processes that are running on endpoint systems. Uniquely for a product of its type, KillSwitch leverages Comodo’s huge whitelist database to isolate untrusted processes with an extremely high degree of accuracy – improving IT operational efficiency by reducing false positives and cutting the amount of time spent troubleshooting an endpoint machine.
Comodo Cleaning Essentials Software Features:
- Classifies the threat level of all objects and processes currently loaded into memory and highlights those that are not trusted
- Allows the admin to terminate, delete or suspend every untrusted item with a single click.
- On-demand malware scanner quickly finds viruses, rootkits, and hidden services
- Extremely efficient malware removal routines thoroughly disinfect virus stricken endpoints
- Detailed statistics and graphs allow admins to analyze and fine tune system activity to almost infinite levels of detail
- Leverages Comodo’s huge whitelist database to accurately identify the trust status of every running process with minimal false positives
- Integration with Comodo cloud scanning technology delivers an instant behavioral analysis of unknown processes
- Powerful system tools provide control over even the most obscure system settings
- Simple interface for admins to manage trusted vendors list
- Comprehensive event logs provide a detailed overview of system activity on endpoint machines
- Quick repair feature allows fast restoration of important Windows settings
- Can replace the standard Windows Task Manager if required
- Another indispensable addition to admin’s security toolkit to complement software such as Comodo Internet Security
COMODO Cleaning Essentials uses a pretty high quantity of CPU and system memory, takes a reasonable amount of time to complete a task (depending on your hard drive’s size) and has a good response time. It supports multiple GUI languages and can be set to log all activity to file.
Pros and Cons:
|Provides on-access protection from viruses and other malware||Several other programs and system settings are included that you may want to disable|
|Virus definitions are regularly updated, in the background||Very large setup file that may take a while to download|
|Includes a “Game Mode” (silent detection)||Initial updates may take a while to complete|
No error dialogs have been shown during tests and the application did not hang or crash. To conclude, COMODO Cleaning Essentials offers quick solutions when it comes to malware removal, and it should please most users who prefer a straightforward security tool.
|Processor:||Intel Pentium II 233 MHz or equivalent processor|
|RAM:||128 MB RAM|
|Hard Disk:||210 MB free disk space|
|File Size:||27.7 MB|
|Operating System:||Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10|