Clementine is a cross-platform software tool which enables you to listen to music from your HDD, library, audio CDs or the Internet, as well as manage it, edit tags and view lyrics.
Analyze track information and artwork
The installation process runs smooth and does not bring any surprises, while the interface boasts a modern and minimal design. It consists of a menu bar, several shortcut buttons, a navigation panel, and a pane to display your playlist.
You have access to playback controls, a volume and mood bar, and customizable waveform. Furthermore, you can view track information such as length, bit rate, sample rate, size, file type, play count and your rating, as well as complete tags automatically or manually, look for cover art on several websites (Amazon, Discogs, MusicBrainz etc.), load it from a specified URL or from the hard drive (PNG, JPG, BMP, GIF etc.).
Enjoy online streams or offline files
An equalizer can be brought up and used, as well as the presets it comes with, visualizations can be displayed and chosen from a long built-in list, while songs can be converted from one format to another, with support at import and export for FLAC, OFF, MP4, MP3, OPUS, OGG, WAV and WMA files.
- Search and play your local music library.
- Listen to internet radio from Spotify, Grooveshark, Last.fm, SomaFM, Magnatune, Jamendo, SKY.fm and Digitally Imported, and Icecast.
- Create smart playlists and dynamic playlists.
- Tabbed playlists, import and export M3U, XSPF, PLS and ASX.
- CUE sheet support.
- Play audio CDs.
- Visualizations from projectM.
- Lyrics and artist biographies and photos.
- Transcode music into MP3, Ogg Vorbis, Ogg Speex, FLAC or AAC.
- Edit tags on MP3 and OGG files, organize your music.
- Fetch missing tags from MusicBrainz.
- Download missing album cover art from Last.fm.
- Remote control using a Wii Remote, MPRIS or the command-line.
- Copy music to your iPod, iPhone, MTP or mass-storage USB player.
- Queue manager.
This program enables you to automatically detect and remove duplicate files, repeat track, album or playlist, shuffle songs and use a powerful search tool, so as to find music on your computer or the Internet.
Taking all of this into consideration, you can safely say Clementine is a very useful piece of software and a very good replacement for the discontinued Winamp. It presents a myriad of options, has a good response time, minimal usage of CPU and memory, and the interface is intuitive.