Open Broadcaster Software is a free and open-source software OBS Studio is software designed for capturing, compositing, encoding, recording, and streaming live video content, efficiently. Written in C and C++ and Qt, OBS provides a real-time source and device capture, scene composition, encoding, recording, and broadcasting. Transmission of data is primarily done via the Real Time Messaging Protocol (RTMP) and can be sent to any RTMP supporting destination, including many presets for streaming websites such as YouTube, Twitch.tv, Instagram and Facebook
Open Broadcaster Studio Features:
- Video recording and live streaming software.
- Completely free and open-source.
- Allows plug-ins and scripts for customization.
- High-performance video and audio capture and mixing.
- Add live face cam or picture-in-picture.
- Large transition library.
- Set hotkeys for actions.
- Studio mode.
- Powerful and easy to use configuration options.
- Modular ‘Dock’ UI.
Open Broadcaster Studio tutorial on how to capture gameplay on BlueStacks 3 with OBS
Well, we have seen how OBS is useful for all these multi-purpose features, here in this OBS tutorial I will learn you how to capture Gameplay on BlueStacks 3 with Open Broadcaster Software.
What Purpose is?
Here we will show you how to broadcast your games on BlueStacks 3 using OBS (classic/studio) to different streaming services like Twitch, YouTube, Facebook Live etc.
Who will have Benefits?
If you are unfamiliar with OBS and streaming, this article provides a simple primer.
People who like playing games on BlueStacks, have never streamed before and wish to learn how to do it.
Which BlueStacks Versions are supported?
Client Version: 184.108.40.2060, Engine Version: 220.127.116.1120 and above.
You can download free BlueStacks old versions from here
Which BlueStacks Geo’s affected?: All Geo
1. Launch app player and change Graphics mode to DX by following the steps below:
- Click on the Settings button then click on ‘Engine settings’ as shown below: Select the Direct X Graphics mode and click on Restart engine. 2. Install the latest version of OBS studio from the following download buttons:
OBS V23.1 free download for Windows 64 bit from below button
OBS Mac installer free download from below button
3. Launch OBS and select Window Capture as a source from the list of available sources.
4. Go to Window Capture properties and select BlueStacks from the list of available apps.5. Launch any app on BlueStacks and start streaming.
Open Broadcaster Studio for creative professional Production
More than capture gameplay on Bluestacks 3 with OBS, you can also choose from a number of different and customizable transitions for when you switch between your scenes or add your own stinger video files. You can set hotkeys for nearly every sort of action, such as switching between scenes, starting/stopping streams or recordings, muting audio sources, push to talk, and more.
The Studio Mode lets you preview your scenes and sources before pushing them live. Adjust your scenes and sources or create new ones and ensure they’re perfect before your viewers ever see them. Get a high-level view of your production using the Multiview. Monitor 8 different scenes and easily cue or transition to any of them with merely a single or double click on.
OBS Studio is equipped with a powerful API, enabling plugins and scripts to provide further customization and functionality specific to your needs.
Enjoy BlueStacks 3 Gameplay with OBS!