Camtasia Studio Screen Recorder and Video Editor Software Download 21.0.12
Camtasia is the go-to video solution for creating professional-looking software demonstrations, product tutorials, online lessons, and recorded presentations- no video experience needed. Record your screen, import PowerPoint presentations, or add video footage you already have.
Then edit, add effects with drag-and-drop ease and share out your videos with anyone. With so many easy to use features and effects, you’ll be creating polished videos in no time.
- Camtasia makes it easy to record your screen, webcam, import your PowerPoint presentations to turn into a video or import your own video and audio files.
- Add eye-catching effects in seconds with callouts, transitions, behaviors, and other effects.
- Easily add captions to your videos with the speech to text, copy and paste text, or import .sami or .srt files.
- Assets- Camtasia 2018 includes more royalty-free assets like customizable intros and outros, lower thirds, animated backgrounds, animated backgrounds, icons, and music tracks.
- Theming- Create, save, and apply themes with custom color and font preferences to ensure a consistent look and feel.
- In-Product library- helps you easily organize your media and assets to save time and ensure consistency.
Camtasia Studio Screen Recorder Software Features
- Record your screen: Record anything your whole screen or just a window. Or, add video, images, audio, and PowerPoint presentations that you already have.
- Make Edits: A simple timeline makes editing video easy. Combine or split clips, trim, and speed up or slow down footage. Then, instantly preview inside the video editor.
- Add effects: Give videos polish with professional video editor effects. Add highlights, animation, titles, transitions and more. Simply drag and drop the effects onto the timeline.
- Tiles, Callouts, and Annotations: Grab attention in your videos with eye-catching titles, annotations, effects and more.
- Zoom and Animate: Add zoom in, zoom out, and pan animations to your screen recordings.
- Create quizzes: Add quizzes and interactivity to encourage and measure learning in your videos.
- Record & Import Presentations: Turn your presentation into a video. Record or import PowerPoint slides directly into Camtasia.
- Transitions: Use transitions between scenes and slides to improve the flow of your videos.
1) No limits on video length
This is one area that sets Camtasia apart from most other competitors out there, especially the free products that are available for download.
The software does not have a limitation on the length of videos or any other project created using the software. This is a major benefit of Camtasia as certain projects such as sales presentations can be lengthy.
2) Capable of recording anything
As I mentioned earlier, the product is very versatile and has very few limitations on what you can record.
The software is capable of recording:
- Computer screens
- PowerPoint presentations
- Computer camera or webcam
- Voice narration
- Any other audio
When recording your computer screen or PowerPoint presentations, you can turn on your computer camera and be featured in the videos. For example, you can set the software to show a live recording of the presenter in the actual video. The presenter will be in the bottom right corner of the video for your viewers to see.
3) Editing videos
Whether you recorded the video using Camtasia Screen recorder or any other video recording software, you will be able to convert the file format and edit the recording using the drag and drop editor.
From editing visual effects to adding animations, you will be able to edit almost anything with Camtasia Studio.
The software goes above and beyond by enabling you to add interactivity functions to your videos (things like adding quizzes to keep your viewers engaged).
4) Importing and exporting
Camtasia supports .camproj, .camrec, and .avi file formats when importing and exporting projects.
All projects can be shared and transferred to multiple computers and locations. Screen recordings can be transferred from a PC to a Mac or vice versa.
5) Camtasia integrates well with other products
Because of the screen recording capabilities, the software will be able to record the usage of any third-party software.
Camtasia integrates flawlessly with Microsoft Outlook which is a must for presentations.
6) Publish and share to YouTube
Completed projects can be published and uploaded to YouTube, Google Docs, MyPlaces, and Screencast right from the Camtasia dashboard. This is very convenient and much easier than the sharing options found on other software.
The software is not perfect and has a few minor flaws that does not consider deal-breakers.
1) Camtasia requires software
In order to record videos and capture your computer screen, you have to download the Camtasia software which requires specific system requirements for Windows and Mac operating system.
As of right now, they do not offer a web-based version of the software.
2) DV camera support
Camtasia does not support live recording from a digital video camera which may be a deal breaker for those that still use a DV camera.
3) Software updates
You only allowed to updates your software to a new version of your current version. For example, if you have Camtasia Studio 9 and version 9.2 comes out, you will be able to update for free.
However, if version 10 is released, you will have to pay to upgrade to the new version.
Camtasia System Requirements
- Microsoft Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 (Required: 64 Bit versions only). (Recommended: Windows 10)
- 2.0 GHz CPU with dual-core processor minimum (Recommended: 2.8 Ghz 6th Generation Intel® Core™ i5 Processor with 4 CPU Cores or better or equivalent or better AMD processor)
- Intel and AMD integrated graphics are acceptable. However, NVIDIA and AMD GPU’s are recommended for GPU acceleration and 4K and/or 60FPS media.
- GPU Acceleration requires Windows 10 or Windows 8.1
- 4 GB RAM minimum (Recommended: 16 GB or more)
- 2 GB of hard-disk space for program installation
- Display dimensions of 1024×768 or greater
- Microsoft .NET 4.6.0 or later version (included)
- Dedicated Windows-compatible sound card, microphone, and speakers (Recommended)
- Windows N requires the MediaFeature Pack for Windows N
- An Internet connection and a TechSmith account are required for the trial