Box Sync is a productivity tool that allows you to mirror data stored on Box to your desktop. It is a Windows desktop cloud storage app that keeps all your files safe and secured in the cloud while having them available on your personal computer and accessible offline anywhere from a remote location, on any device with Box mobile apps. No matter how you work, It helps you keep your files organized, safe, and always in sync with your business.
To go along with those features, It also scales for businesses of all sizes, by providing the ability to sync more than 100,000 files and supporting both special characters in file names and file paths longer than 256 characters. All of this operates on a smart, efficient algorithm that brings amazing performance and solid reliability to this app experience.
Box Sync Features:
- Sync only what you need – Selectively sync and un-sync any folder on Box, including subfolders. Save time and disk space by only syncing important files and folders.
- Always sync on save – Upload files and changes to Box by simply clicking save in any application. No need to download, edit, and re-upload files you’re working on.
- Add files anywhere – Drag and drop files directly to your folder – no need to create folders first. Individual files can now live in the All Files and Folders root folder on Box.
- Share links easily – Share quickly with a simple right-click from your desktop files or folders. It has never been easier to share your files from your local folder.
- Get updates automatically – Seamless, automatic updates ensure that you are always running the latest version of this software.
- Ease of use – Throwing thumb drives in your bag, transferring files to CDs, stressing about a stolen laptop – that’s yesterday. Today, everything’s on Box.
Box Sync system requirements for Windows
- Windows 10, 32-bit and 64-bit.
- Windows 8.1, 64-bit.
- Windows 8, 64-bit.
- Windows 7, 32-bit and 64-bit.
- NTFS formatted hard drive.
- Required Microsoft .NET Framework (.NET 4.5.2 or greater)
- Internet Explorer 11. * Microsoft ended support for .NET framework 4.0, 4.5 and 4.5.1 on Jan 12 2016.
Recommendations for Using This Software
Best results will occur if these recommendations are followed. It is a useful tool; however, those who use only it will be missing out on the powerful collaborative features in their Box accounts.
- When you need to work offline
- When you need to work frequently on a large file
- To upload individual files from your desktop to your Box account
Do not use:
- To keep a copy of the entire contents of your Box account on your desktop
- To sync files to multiple computers
- To sync very large numbers of files; Box recommends 10,000 or fewer files
- To re-organize your folder structure. Do this from within your Box account.
- To sync folders to an external or network drive. It is most reliable when used on the local hard drive