Bitwig Studio is dynamic software for the creation and performance of your musical ideas on stage or in the studio. Discover the new standard in customized workflow. Bitwig Studio inspires users to take greater control of your music, giving you access to every aspect of your production. Streamline your creative process and quickly evolve your ideas into complete songs, tracks, and compositions.
Record and arrange, improvise and perform, or do it all at once. Welcome to the next generation of music creation and performance software for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. Bitwig Studio comes loaded with industry-standard to industry-leading features, designed to meet the demands of present-day musicians, producers and sound designers. Amazing multi-platform music-creation system for production, performance, and DJing. Bitwig Studio is a detailed program meant to assist users in creating original tracks. This software tool provides download links to a set of predefined sound collections. However, these packages are optional and user-recorded audio can also be inserted.
Bitwig Studio Benefits
World of customization awaited users
- The application does little to limit one’s imagination. There are 25 audio FX devices (e.g. delay, reverb, rotary, flanger, compressor or blur) and nine devices (for example, drum machine, e-clap, sampler or polysynth).
- Also available are nine containers (XY effect, replacer or FX layer, among others) and 11 modulators, generators, note FX or routers (e.g. arpeggiator, note pitch shifter, and diatonic transposer).
- This incredible variety of tools (each with its own recreatable parameters) is a very nice feature since creating audio files is highly dependent on creativity.
- Highly flexible software tools do little to hinder imagination and help users transpose their ideas to musical notes.
Multiple panels, numerous projects, and a few headaches
- Not surprisingly, with so many functions dependent on a wide range of parameters, the interface is quite hard to grasp at first. The main window is divided into several modules, which users can choose to hide or display, according to their particular needs.
- Having more than one working area on any one window can be a bit distracting, and newcomers will find their attention being grabbed all over the place.
- However, after a few sessions of practice, Bitwig Studio reveals itself as quite an accessible software. This is because each panel group together similar functions. As users get accustomed to the GUI, they will find the “View” menu highly useful since it allows hiding panels.
- One of the nice touches is that the utility allows users to work on more than one project at a time. This allows spreading the work to more files.
- For example, one could focus on just the bass in a file, while another track might handle high-pitched sounds. Alternatively, grouping could be performed based on the used instruments.
|Processor||Dual-core AMD or Intel CPU or faster with SSE3 support|
|Internal Memory||2 GB RAM is Required|
|Hard disk space||5 GB free disk space|
|Screen Resolution||1280 x 768-pixel screen resolution|
|Framework||JAVA Framework is required|
Bitwig Studio Features
Customized workflow to match any style
The software features a flexible panel-based user interface that has the power to choose what you wish to see depending on the task, on up to three monitors.
Your limitless creative space
The Detail Editor optimizes audio editing by allowing you to perform non-destructive edits within a clip. This software acknowledges users to stretch, split, pitch, pan, copy, reverse, add, move and re-arrange audio as you choose. Edit multiple tracks in the same view, notes using audio as a reference, isolate your view to one clip or expand it to see everything in the entire track.
The most expressive DAW in the industry
Besides standard note editing features, and per-note expressions such as Velocity, Gain, Pan, Timbre and Pressure, the studio features unique tools like micro pitch and sophisticated layered editing, and is a forefront runner in supporting MPE.
A device is a device in a device in a device
Device Nesting is a powerful feature for sound design with any combination of Bitwig devices and VST plugins. From Container Devices to FX slots, virtually anywhere you imagine another device could go, it probably will. Nesting Devices means that you can place a device in a device in a device theoretically, this can go on forever.
Modulating one parameter from the next often means losing hands-on control – until now. This software is hard-coded with a Unified Modulation System, allowing users to easily link any device parameter, including nested internal devices and VST plug-ins, without losing hands-on control. Never before has modulating virtually any parameter between devices been so simple. Nothing is locked, so this software can manipulate on the fly to find the perfect range of modulation. Make your devices take on a life of their own, create dynamic relationships between sounds, and hear your music begin to breathe.
Bitwig Studio connects your ecosystem
The tool plugs right into your existing setup. With modern software architecture, 32-bit and 64-bit vst plug-ins are built-in supported, no third-party bridging is necessary to run your favorite plugins side-by-side. Dedicated Hardware Instrument and Effect devices allow users to control their hardware synthesizers, drum machines and effect racks from within their project.
Never again will a single plugin take down your entire project. The “sandboxing” feature built-in to the program ensures plug-in crashes will not interrupt valuable production time or your performance on stage. The music studio protects your workflow while efficiently running your VST ‘s for non-stop creativity.
Limited ideas to think again
The baseline from your last session could be the missing piece of your current project. The rhythm section in your latest song carries perfectly over to the next. No need to close anything or dig through complex file structures. This software can open multiple projects at the same time and drag-and-drop between them.
The dynamic Inspector panel is a workflow accelerator. It changes depending on where you are and shifts focus with you, to give you easy access to the tools you need. The Inspector allows you to simultaneously edit multiple notes, Events, Clips or Tracks. The Histogram is a feature of the Inspector panel that offers a unique way of working with randomization and variation.
Simplify your mix
Group Tracks is a tried and true way to quickly manage multiple parts of a mix at once. Grouping similar tracks together allow them to be controlled together as a unit and is a great help in organizing your workspace.
Browse, Audition, Insert, Swap
The Pop-Up Browser makes auditioning and selecting Devices, Presets, VST ‘s and Samples fast, intuitive and inspiring. With powerful search and filter tools, it’s never been easier to locate or discover the sound you’re looking for.
Official Video Intro Bitwig Studio
Bitwig Studio Older Versions
|Bitwig Studio 3.0.1||182 MB||Download|
The shortlists of what’s new in this software, including new worlds of modular expression:
- The Grid, a modular sound design environment sporting 154 modules and lightning-fast workflows
- Poly Grid, for creating synthesizers, sequenced patches, and more
- FX Grid, for creating audio FX with optional voice stacking
- Automatic Project Backups, each time you re-save a project
- Real-time Ruler, showing timelines in minutes and seconds
- Ableton LINK version 3, supporting start/stop synchronization
- Global GUI Contrast settings, making the interface pop on any monitor
- Redesigned Instrument Inspector, offering polyphony, two mono voice modes, and more
- VU Meters in Routing Choosers, showing the signal you are looking for
- Reworked audio back ends, sporting timing improvements on all platforms