BitTorrent Client is a desktop application that initiates, truncates and manages the downloading and uploading of data using the BitTorrent file-sharing protocol.
BitTorrent Client is a software utility tool that supports the operation and execution of the BitTorrent network protocol on a local machine and is supported by most operating systems.
This software Client is primarily designed to enable peer-to-peer communication services through this software protocol for sharing, downloading and seeding data to a group of globally connected peers powered by the same protocol.
Features of BitTorrent:
- Download any type of file: This features a search engine to find torrent files and it incorporates RSS technology, which is used to alert the user to the presence of a new torrent online. For each torrent, the program shows the general download data and information about peers, seeds, and trackers, as well as charts on download and upload speeds.
This application isn’t just used for downloading files (movies, games, documents, videos, MP3 music and other material), but also for sharing them, letting new torrents be created.
- Remote Control Downloads: The software can be configured to allow you to remotely monitor your downloads via browser or via the Android app, BitTorrent Remote.
- Drop files to send: dragging a file onto the interface of the program will create a link that you can then send and share with friends, which means they can immediately download the archive materials that are available.
- Apps: a downloadable plugin interface can be installed with one click, allowing you to expand the capabilities of the software.
- Speed Guide: determines the actual upload and download speed of the connection being used and automatically chooses the optimal setting in the program so that downloads are carried out as quickly as possible.
How to use BitTorrent?
Torrent files are one of the most popular forms of file sharing on the internet, and they can look a little daunting to newcomers. Once you master them, though, you’ll have access to virtually any file you can imagine. Using a torrent client is not illegal, as long as you have the rights to download, view and distribute (share) the file. Always ensure that you are legally allowed to use any of the files you download. See Step 1 below to learn how to use the BitTorrent client.
1. Visit the BitTorrent website. You can download the client for free from the BitTorrent website. The link for the download is located in the center of the homepage. If you need an installer for a different operating system, click the “Other Platforms + Betas” link underneath the “Get BitTorrent” button.
2. Download and install the client. You will be asked to choose between the free version or BitTorrent Plus. Most users will not need the plus version, as you can download and open as many torrents as you want with the free version.
- Only download the BitTorrent client from the BitTorrent website. There are other torrent clients available, but the one called BitTorrent should only be downloaded from the developers.
3. Ensure that file associations are correct. If you want BitTorrent to be the default program when you open a torrent, ensure that BitTorrent is associated with .torrent (.tor) files as well as Magnet URIs. You can make sure these boxes are checked during the installation process. Failing to set this option will result in the web browser downloading the small torrent file only. If the BitTorrent program is associated with .tor files, it will automatically detect the browser downloading the .tor file. The BitTorrent program will open it, locate the actual file, program, video, etc. that you’re trying to get and download it seamlessly.
- BitTorrent will attempt to give you free music along with some adware during the installation process. Make sure that these are disabled before continuing with the installation (unless you want them).