Ashampoo Snap is a program designed to help you take snapshots and capture video recordings, with just a few clicks.
Once you install the program, you will be able to access its features via the capture bar (placed on the upper part of the screen) and the system tray. The UI is very intuitive, allowing all user categories to easily find their way around the program, without encountering any kind of issues.
Capture video input and tweak some settings
This tool enables you to capture a video (single window, desktop, rectangular or fixed region), configure audio and video settings (e.g. capture a typical Windows application, capture the microphone), set the encoding method (on the fly or disk cache) and configure mouse cursor and effects.
Types of screenshot capture and editing options
Furthermore, you can capture a single window, scrolling window (freestyle or website), as well as a free rectangle, freestyle or fixed region. Once you have captured an image, you can edit it by using tools for the blur, pixelate, erase, marker, spotlight, flood fill, shape, pencil, arrow, text, hint, stamp and zoomed button.
Ashampoo Snap Feature:
- Free display selection for edit mode
- Copy objects to system clipboard while in edit mode
- Copy objects between screenshots
- Support for different cursor styles
- Exit edit mode even with multiple open projects
- Insert locally saved images into screenshots
- Improved object scaling during size adjustments
- The enhanced filling tool with new transparency and tolerance settings
- Capture system clipboard images that were copied in a browser window
- Create animated GIFs, e.g. for memes
- Capture multiple monitors up to the 4k resolution
- New selectable modern user interfaces
- User-defined hotkeys for various functions
- Optimized for current processors
- Extended selection options for multi-display environments
- Position selections with cursor keys
- Ultra-smooth workflow with 1-click operations and optimized drawing routines
- All objects/settings remain editable thanks to smart background versioning
- Additional fixed window sizes
- Auto-insert watermarks
- Create collages from multiple screenshots
- Instantly capture all visible desktop windows as objects
- Windows 8 support, capture new user interface
- Use the color picker to capture colors across applications
- Full 32bit transparency support (RGBA)
- Create timed captures
- Live edit video recordings with text and pen annotations
- Display keyboard input during video recordings
- Movable capture window during video recordings
- Provide comments with the microphone during webcam recording
- Freely adjust webcam display position and size
- Record webcam during video captures
- Simplified handling for video and mouse effects
- New video capture control bar
- Improved MP4/WMV playback based on new Windows Media Foundation
- Timed video capturing
Ashampoo Snap webspace:
- Export all objects to Photoshop
- Integrate external applications for image editing and processing
- Video auto-resizing for extreme display resolutions
- Auto-resize images before sending
- Supports WEBP as output format
- Set custom application for PSD files
- Print multiple files at once
- Upload to Dropbox, Google Drive, and Microsoft Sky Drive
In addition to that, you can rotate, mirror, flip or resize the image, use the undo and redo functions, apply effects (e.g. drop shadow, pencil drawing, grayscale), and more.
The program takes up a moderate amount of system resources, includes step-by-step tutorials and ran smoothly during our tests. It has a very good response time and no errors have popped up when we were evaluating it.
Ashampoo Snap is an excellent tool for capturing videos and images from your desktop, and we highly recommend it to all users.