Aptoide is an Android application store similar to the Google Play Store.
The interface is really intuitive and is divided into the following tabs: Home, Top, Stores, Updates, Social Timeline, and Download Manager. To start using Aptoide you first need to understand how it works. This market includes tons of free apps available to download. To find a specific app, you just have to write the name in the search bar and choose the version that you want to download. Each app’s page includes technical information and a description written by the user that shared it.
However, the most important thing to look at before downloading is the comment and rating section of each app. Since you never know what you could be downloading, other people’s comments tell you whether or not to trust app you’re about to download. If don’t get any results for a search, remember you can go to the ‘Stores’ tab and access a list of apps that are shared by the community, unofficially.
Browse the categories and find tools and games, and discover endless new apps in the Top downloads section. Aptoide even lets you revert to older versions with its ‘rollback’ feature. This lets you delete an update that you don’t like or doesn’t work well, as well as update it back in just seconds.
- Aptoide’s best feature is according to me, user can download any app with different versions, or previous version.
- User can easily share Aptoide apps and doesn’t need any third party app for sharing with friends.
- In the Google Play Store, the user cannot download any app without Gmail. But in this app store, a user doesn’t need any email for download applications, and games.
- Users can easily update and downgrade their apps. Suppose, a new update has appeared for your favorite game and you have updated. But, this new update doesn’t suit you, in this situation, you can easily downgrade the application.
- The interface of Aptoide is quite easy, and user-friendly. For download any application, the user just need to tap on the app to download.
- It has a partnership program too, where users can set up and manage their own retails android store with partners.
- If you are an app developer, you can easily upload your app from your Dropbox folder.
- For developers, This Android app store also has a publisher program, which allows the developers to publish and monetize their apps.
Aside from all these great features, it also has one big downside: having no filters makes users easy targets for viruses and malware without them realizing it. No one is reviewing apps to check if they are harmful to your system or not, so there’s no guaranteed safety.
Not for everyone
If you want to download apps without going through Google, or if you need an app store for a phone that doesn’t support Play, Aptoide is a good solution due to its quality and the number of apps included. What is disappointing is the standard of the content, as it is hard to differentiate good apps from trash. If you are looking for another free alternative, we recommend you to download F-Droid.
1. What is Aptoide?
Aptoide for Android is an alternative mobile application store on Android. The APK (Android Package) file doesn’t need any registration, and with more than 300,000 regularly updated apps, the store does offer some options. There are apps for games and wallpapers, and also apps specifically designed for certain brands and models of mobile devices.
2. How to install Aptoide?
Aptoide is not available on Google Play (obviously). Therefore, you would have to side-load it. Before you do so, head to Settings on your Android device and enable the Unknown Sources option so that your device permits installation of third-party files. Once done, go ahead and download the software like you would download any other third-party app on Android.
3. What is the rollback function?
The apps can be directly downloaded and installed from Aptoide, which also takes care of the updates. The updates help make the apps better and more secure like in any other store. However, if you are not happy with the most recent version, you can always rollback or revert to the previous version. Uninstallation is another option.
4. What is a ‘green icon?
Aptoide, as aforementioned, isn’t the ideal source for the best mobile applications. Also, the reviews you see for the different apps on Aptoide are imported directly from Google Play, which blurs things even more. The ‘green label’ identification is basically Aptoide’s way of classifying a particular app as “official”.
5. What could be Aptoide’s potential drawbacks compared to Google Play?
Aptoide is definitely a Google Play alternative but it’s not coming anywhere close to the official Android app marketplace – in terms of both quality and quantity. The apps aren’t vetted before they are made available and there are no parental controls too. Moreover, differentiating good apps from the bad ones is not easy.
6. What advantages does Aptoide have over Google Play?
With 300,000+ apps, it could be hard to believe Aptoide having any real benefits over Google Play. Not all apps that developers make are allowed into the official Android store. Quite a few of them are bad and get rejected but some of the rejected apples are not that bad after all. Long story short, Aptoide could offer some unique apps that you may not come across on Google Play.
7. How about security?
Aptoide has been around since 2009 and the app and user community has been growing gradually ever since. However, security has been a challenge for Aptoide more than app quality and quantity. Aptoide is aware of the same and has been working on it, trying to make the store as secure as possible. The green icon beside an app is a sign the app has been secured by Sentinel, Aptoide’s security system.
8. What is the anti-virus system?
9. What is the rescanning scheme?
Rescanning scheme makes sure an application is scanned three times (minimum) within 48 hours post upload, and at least four times in a week and five times in a month. Moreover, all the other apps are rescanned frequently, even if they have been in the Aptoide store for several months or years.
10. is there customer support?
Customer support or the speed with which app developers on Aptoide respond to or act upon user feedback is undoubtedly better than Google Play. On the official Android store, responses to customer suggestions and grievances could take weeks. The major reason could be the store not being as busy as Google Play.