Amazon Drive offers secure cloud storage in consideration of your photos, files, videos, and more. Back up your files to the cloud, in addition, to knowing that all of your documents are secure. Already your files are uploaded, you can approach them from your computer, your phone, or your tablet, all with the program app. Exclusively Amazon customers obtain 5GB of free cloud storage. This cloud storage software lets you free up space on your phone, tablet, and computer, by backing up all of your documents to one protected place. Sign in to the app on the web, or over the free iOS and Android apps, and save, share files, systematize, and store all of your stuff. Get started on Amazon Drive with 5 GB of free storage.
It is your individual hard drive in the cloud. All your requirement is a web browser to upload, download, and access your files from any computer.
Benefits of Amazon Cloud Drive
- If you already have an account that you use to buy things from amazon.com, you can use the same login information to get started with Cloud Drive. Once you’re logged in, you’ll be taken to the dashboard where you can start uploading files. You get 5GB for free, but additional storage is available for a fee.
- To upload files to Cloud Drive just press the ‘Upload Files’ button in the upper-left corner of the screen. Cloud Drive comes with four different folders for music, documents, pictures, and videos. To stay organized, open one of those folders first so that you can easily locate your file after you upload it. Cloud Drive boasts pretty efficient uploading, especially for free file hosting service.
- If you want to play a video file you’ve uploaded, you can access it through your Amazon.com cloud drive account, and play it back right in your web browser. Amazon supports playback for plenty of file types – audio, stills, and video included. You’ll also have the option to download any of the files in your cloud drive to the computer you’re using.
Cloud Drive App
- Once you download the Cloud Drive app from the Amazon website, you’ll need to enter your username and password in order to start uploading files from your computer. After that, you’ll be able to start uploading files from your hard drive. A convenient feature for Mac users is the ability to import photos directly from your iPhoto library. 5GB is enough space for 2,000 photos, so cloud drive is a great option for users who want to back up their photo libraries to the cloud.
- You can upload any file to your computer by right-clicking on the file or folder name. The pop-up menu will now include the option ‘Upload to Amazon Cloud Drive’. Similar to Dropbox, cloud drive will appear as an icon in your taskbar, and you can also drag and drop the files here to upload them. The Cloud Drive app will now run on your computer without having to re-open the application, and if you want to quit the app, you can do so by accessing the drop-down menu in the taskbar.
- In addition to the taskbar icon, the app comes with a pop-up box where you can also drag and drop files to upload. You don’t have to worry about your files disappearing – Cloud Drive automatically copies the files you drop into the cloud space so you don’t misplace the original.
Amazon Cloud Drive for Video Producers
- Having a cloud storage service is an important part of the workflow for any video project. Even though the size of HD video far outweighs common internet upload speeds, you can use services like Cloud Drive to share clips with your collaborators, or even share documents relating to the script, subtitles, revisions, or credits.
- To quickly share a video clip with someone using Cloud Drive, you should compress the video first – especially if it’s HD. Use software such as the MPEG Stream clip to lower the bit rate of your video. This will shrink the size of your file making it quicker to upload, download, and stream from the cloud.
Secure backup: Never lose a file or photo, even if your device is lost or damaged. Backup your photos, documents, and more.
Space on your phone: Free up room to take more pics. Delete photos from your phone after they’re uploaded to Amazon.
Any Device Anywhere: Use the free Drive space and Prime Photos apps for computer, iPhone, and Android for sharing and access on the go.
5 GB of FREE online storage: Your Cloud Drive comes with 5 GB of free storage—enough space to store up to 1000 songs. This space is yours to use as you like and you will never be charged for it.
Unlimited, secure access from any computer: Use your Drive as the go-to location for all your important files. At work, at home, during your commute or while on vacation—you’ll always have access to everything you’ve uploaded to your Cloud Drive through your Amazon account.
Never worry about losing your files again: Store files in your Cloud Drive and never worry about losing them if your computer crashes, or is lost or stolen.
Songs purchased from Amazon MP3 are stored in your Cloud Drive for free: When you purchase songs or albums from the Amazon MP3 Store, you can now save your purchases to your Cloud Drive. All your purchases are backed up and available for you to download at any time. Even better, you can listen to your music from any web-connected computer with Amazon Cloud Player.
Strengths & Weaknesses
- Great subscription options
- Unlimited photo storage
- Fast file syncing
- Selective sync
- Nice user experience
- 24×7 support
- Chat and email support
- No at-rest encryption
- No link passwords
- No productivity apps
- Support not knowledgeable
Comparison Between Microsoft OneDrive v/s Google Drive v/s Amazon Drive
|Feature||One Drive||Google Drive||Amazon Drive|
|Ease of starting||Available by default for Windows users||Available for Google users||Available for Amazon|
|Free tier options||5 GB||15 GB||5 GB|
|Unlimited photos||No||No||Yes for Prime users|
|SLA||For Business version only||For Business version only||No|
|File versioning||For Office documents only||For most file types||No|
|SDK for programmatic integrations||No||Available||Available|
Download for Windows
Download for Mac