Alcohol 120%, is the best Windows CD and DVD burning software that makes it easy to create backups of DVDs and CDs. Additionally, the program lets you store your most used CDs as images on your computer, and you can mount them on 1 of the 31 virtual drives with a click of a button.
Alcohol 120% is one of such applications that really stands out, thanks to its comprehensive functions and increasing popularity.
Installing Alcohol 120% is not exactly an easy task, as the whole process is basically split into two different parts. First, the installer copies a few files on the target computer and requires a reboot – after this, the setup kit continues, offering to install a browser toolbar that the app does not require to run properly.
Experts are also allowed to choose the components they want to deploy, whereas novices are advised to leave the settings to the default mode in order to make sure the software utility functions correctly once it gets installed.
Alcohol 120% Features:
- Make perfect 1:1 backup of CDs, Alcohol 120% is really the ultimate DVD / CD emulation and burning software.
- Store your most used or important CDs as images on your computer and run them at 200x speed from up to 31 virtual CD or DVD drives!
- Burn more than one CD or DVD at the same time, even from different sources, using the latest multiple burners technology.
- Highest drive compatibility – Alcohol is compatible with more than 99% of drives available and if it doesn’t work with your drive we can improve it so let us know!
- Bypass the latest “unbreakable” protections using Alcohol Software’s state of the art burning and emulation process!
- Supports the highest number of possible image file types including – MDS, CCD, BIN, CUE, ISO, CDI, BWT, BWI, BWS, BWA.
- Ultra-responsive industry-leading support from our team of software experts
Clean feature lineup
The interface is well structured, and its numerous features are organized in dedicated tabs on the left side of the main window, while the discs and the virtual drives one is working with are shown in the middle.
Follow the step-by-step approach for creating and burning images and copying or erasing discs
To ensure the virtual discs are mounted successfully, Alcohol 120% features several wizard-like guides that are useful to beginners and experts alike when it comes to actions such as image creating and burning, disc copying or drive erasing.
The rich suite of configuration settings
The settings window is heftier than the one typically included in this type of software utilities, which can only mean the app offers a lot of customization options to its users, and this feature is best exploited by professionals who know how to correctly adjust the emulation settings, the memory buffer size, the virtual drive or the data type parameters.
An overall powerful CD/DVD burning and emulation app
Even though it supports a limited number of virtual drives, Alcohol 120% can be of great use to novices and experts who want to experiment with such an app. It provides support for a comprehensive suite of configuration settings.