AIDA64 Extreme Edition is an advanced system diagnostics utility that gathers important information on the computer’s hardware and software configuration. It also lets users test the capabilities of the memory, CPU, and FPU by running complex benchmarks. Suffice it to say, this tool is designed for advanced PC users.
Benefits of AIDA64 Extreme Edition Software
Speedy installation and well-organized interface
The setup procedure is fast and simple. AIDA64 is wrapped in a user-friendly interface with a neatly organized layout, where all information on PC components is broken down into separate categories. It is rather vast and covers general areas of the PC such as overlock, sensors and power management.
A thorough investigation for each PC component
Detailed info can be obtained when it comes to the motherboard (e.g. CPU, chipset, BIOS), operating system (e.g. processes, system drivers, DLL files), server (e.g. shares, local and global groups), display (e.g. GPU, multi-monitor support, OpenGL), multimedia (e.g. audio and video codecs), storage (e.g. physical and optical drives), network (e.g. routes, IE cookies), DirectX, devices (e.g. input, printers), software (e.g. autostart entries, scheduled tasks, file types), security (e.g. firewall, antivirus), configuration (e.g. event logs, system files and folders), and database (e.g. BDE and ODBC drivers).
Run benchmarks and generate reports
When it comes to testing the memory, CPU, and FPU, AIDA64 analyzes the processor, CPU clock, motherboard, chipset, and RAM to rank the computer in a list with other systems by comparison, based on the hardware configuration. Information from any selected areas or all of them can be exported to reports for closer examination and safekeeping.
Configure program settings
As far as AIDA64 Extreme Edition Software configuration is concerned, it is possible to switch to another UI language, change the layout order, point out the output folder for creating reports, enable email notifications when performing benchmarks, filter event logs, add custom components to the list to keep an eye on, and much more.
AIDA64 Extreme Edition Monitoring Software Features
AIDA64 provides over 50 pages of information on hardware configuration and over 50 pages of installed programs, software licenses, security applications, and Windows settings.
AIDA64 System Stability Test uses a 64-bit multi-threaded stress testing module to drive the computer to its absolute limits. Hard disk, SSD and OpenCL GPGPU video adapter stress testing is also available.
AIDA64 has the most accurate hardware detection capabilities in its class, to provide detailed information on the computer internals without the need to open it up. The hardware detection module is strengthened by an exhaustive hardware database holding over 200,000 entries.
AIDA64 implements a set of 64-bit benchmarks to measure how fast the computer performs various data processing tasks and mathematical calculations. Multi-threaded memory and cache benchmarks are available to analyze system RAM bandwidth and latency.
AIDA64 provides over 50 pages of information on installed programs, software licenses, security applications, and Windows settings. List of started processes, services, DLL files, startup programs, and visited web pages is also available.
Build the perfect, custom panel you can imagine that suits the design of your rig to monitor all the various sensors, cooling system, utilization and many more. With SensorPanel you can use different graphs, gauges and custom images along with dynamic or static texts linked to all the sensor data AIDA64 can read from your computer and place them on an empty canvas in a way you want.
External display support
AIDA64 can display vital system data on a variety of LCD/VFD devices connected to the computer. The latest AIDA64 release supports over 50 LCD and VFD screens and introduces wireless remote monitoring of sensor values on smartphones and tablets.
AIDA64 supports over 250 various sensor devices to measure temperatures, voltages, fan speeds, and power draw. Measured values can be displayed on System Tray icons, OSD panel, Desktop Gadget, Logitech G15/G19 Gaming Keyboard LCD, and Razer SwitchBlade LCD.
- Low-level hardware information: 47 pages
- Software and operating system information: 45 pages
- Security-related information: 6 pages
- DirectX information including Direct3D acceleration features
- Diagnostics module that simplifies troubleshooting
- Automatic online update
- 13 benchmark modules to measure CPU, FPU and memory performance
- Benchmark reference results to compare measured performance to other systems
- Cache & Memory Benchmark Suite
- Hard disk, optical drive and flash drive benchmarking with RAID array support
- UpTime and DownTime statistics with critical errors counter
- Monitor Diagnostics to check the capabilities of CRT and LCD displays
- System Stability Test with thermal monitoring to stress CPU, FPU, memory, caches, and disks
- Hardware Monitoring to monitor system temperatures and voltages on the System Tray, OSD, Vista Sidebar or Logitech keyboard LCD
- Sensor Panel
- Temperature, voltage and fan RPM data logging to HTML and CSV log files
- Overheating, voltage drop, overvoltage, and cooling fan failure detection
- High Definition Audio and OpenAL sound card details
- AMD Stream, Direct3D Compute Shader, NVIDIA CUDA, OpenCL GPGPU device information
- Smart Battery information
- Weblinks: IT portals, software and driver download
- Manufacturer links: product information, driver and BIOS download
- Hardware information database for over 121,000 devices
- Overclock information
- Fully localized user interface: 35+ languages
- No installation or setup procedure required
During benchmarks, AIDA64 Extreme obviously puts a strain on CPU and RAM. However, it uses low resources otherwise. It has a good response time and worked well throughout our evaluation, without triggering the OS to hang, crash or pop up error messages. Those interested in extra features may look into AIDA64 Engineer, AIDA64 Business Edition and AIDA64 Network Audit.
|Operating System||Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10|
|Processor||Intel Pentium or better|
|Hard Drive Space||40 MB hard drive space|
|Title||AIDA64 Extreme Edition Software V6.10|
|File Size||45.3 MB|
|License||30 days trial version|
|Author||AIDA64 Extreme team https://www.aida64.com/products/aida64-extreme|