Adobe PDF Reader XI is the official PDF reader. It’s integrated with most web browsers and lets you print, comment and share pdf documents easily. It’s essential to open thousands of documents, forms, and manuals. One of the main advantages in favor of Adobe Reader is its international coverage and guarantee published in over 30 languages and countries.
Working with Adobe PDF Reader is easy, as it has some very cool tools to work with. With a modern, tabbed viewing interface that allows you to view multiple documents from within the same window and apps and tools that can enhance viewing, revising and annotating documents, you are sure to improve your workflow.
All you need to read PDF files
The classic Adobe Reader tools have not changed. From the magnifying glass to the editing tools, and the reading aloud features, they have added new updated annotation functions that simplify the tasks of highlighting text or adding notes.
Thanks to the Protected Mode and other security measures, it’s now much safer to fill in forms and open PDF documents with complex objects. The new Adobe Reader XI Protected Mode also includes features that safeguard your data.
Easy to use
When compared with older versions, Adobe PDF Reader XI stands out due to the simplicity of its interface, which only shows the essentials. To access all other functions, all you have to do is open the panels or menus.
Adobe PDF Reader XI supports different reading modes, like full screen or normal. This means that you can use it even with a touch screen. Similarly, all the different features are very straightforward.
Adobe PDF Reader XI provides full commenting capabilities, including text, stamps, file attachments, and audio recordings, as well as drawing markups, like lines, arrows, shapes and free-form annotations. Do you have a PDF form that needs attention? Well, Reader is now able to fill, sign, save and send your forms without requiring printing and mailing. And, of course, you can do this on the most recent and popular operating systems, OS X Mountain Lion and Windows 8, which includes our new “touch-mode” for an optimal tablet experience.
Mobile and the Cloud
Wherever you are, save your PDFs to Acrobat.com for access from anywhere, including your mobile devices via Adobe Reader for Android and iOS. Also, leverage Adobe Reader XI’s integration with our cloud services, including creating PDF, exporting PDF files to Word and Excel, or sending your documents for signatures and full tracking via Adobe EchoSign.
Adobe’s next-generation Acrobat XI software with new cloud services. Products included in this release are Acrobat XI Pro, Acrobat XI Standard, Adobe Reader XI, and newly integrated documents services, Adobe FormsCentral and Adobe EchoSign.
Adobe Reader XI, our most powerful Reader yet, includes many new and enhanced capabilities:
- Full commenting features, including text, stamps, file attachments, and audio recordings, as well as drawing markups, like lines, arrows, shapes and free-form annotations
- Fill, sign, save and send your forms – and save the planet while you’re at it!
- Store files on Acrobat.com for access from multiple devices
- Support for OS X Mountain Lion and Windows 8 with new “touch-mode” for optimal tablet interaction
- Create PDF or Export PDF files to Word and Excel online
- Enhanced Protected Mode now includes data theft prevention capabilities
- New Protected View implements a separate desktop and winstation for the UI, which provides an additional layer of defense
- Elliptic Curve Cryptography support for digital signatures
With its Citrix XenApp support, and especially focused on performance, which is key when accessing Adobe Reader XI from your tablet devices. Also, if you’re rolling out application streaming, we’re now supporting Microsoft App-V, including a Package Accelerator. Need a GPO template? We’ve added that to this release too! And, of course, it continues to enhance their support for Microsoft SCCM/SCUP, Apple Remote Desktop and has even added a Configuration Wizard for the Mac. For all your enterprise questions, check out our new Enterprise Toolkit.
- Citrix XenApp enhancements for better performance
- New App-V support, including a Package Accelerator
- GPO Template for the most common enterprise settings
- Enhanced support for Microsoft SCCM/SCUP and Apple Remote Desktop
- Configuration Wizard for the Mac
An essential tool
There are other alternatives in the market like Sumatra PDf and Foxit Reader but Adobe is Faster, more reliable, and simple, Adobe PDF Reader XI is an essential tool if you need to open and print PDF documents frequently, and with the full-screen reading mode, you can enjoy PDFs even on smaller screens.
Adobe PDF Other features
- View and annotate PDFs.
- Add comments.
- Convert PDFs to Word.
- Fill, sign and send PDF forms.
- Industry-leading OCR.
- Approve or reject PDFs.
- Send and Track.
- Intuitive user interface.
- A huge array of tools.
- Touch-enabled interface support.
- Mobile Link.
Adobe PDF Reader latest release
This is a regular quarterly update that provides security mitigations, feature enhancements, and bug fixes.