Adobe InDesign is one of the leading digital publishing applications on the market, offering users an extended set of tools for creating compelling print layouts and sophisticated online publications.
Designed to meet the requirements of both professional designers and beginners, the application comes with a flexible working environment and time-saving features, designed to help you improve productivity, while still maintaining control over typography and content quality.
From simple flyers, labels, brochures, and presentations to certificates and ebooks, you can create it all with Adobe InDesign. Furthermore, it allows you to insert media content (audio, video, interactive HTMLs) into your documents, export them to Flash or build interactive PDFs.
The ‘Alternate Layout’ feature allows you to easily reconfigure the same Adobe InDesign file and repurpose layouts for different page dimensions and devices (for instance, iPads), thus you don’t have to port your project manually. The ‘Liquid Layout’ option does even more: it applies user-defined layout rules in order to automatically adapt (scale, re-center, etc.) the content when moving it to an alternate layout.
In order to help you automate your work, Adobe InDesign enables you to link assets, pages, and documents together. Linked content allows you to make changes to multiple project sections simultaneously, thus saving you time.
Built-in drawing tools and effects, text composition and editing features (change styles, text-wrap, OpenType support and more), grayscale preview option, easy access to recently used fonts, dynamic image resizing are other advantages that this application comes with.
The ‘Split window’ feature allows you to compare layouts, while the ‘Content Collector’ acts similar to a clipboard, enabling you to collect assets from any document and reuse them in other layouts. Additionally, it seamlessly integrates with other Adobe software solutions (Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, Flash).
Adobe InDesign Features
- Recently used fonts: Access fonts you use frequently. Recently used fonts appear at the top of the font list.
- Persistent text frame fitting options: Set frames to grow with additional text, based on simple parameters. Expand and shrink frames automatically for headlines, callouts, or other variable content.
- Integration with other Adobe solutions: Move smoothly from design to output, thanks to tight integration with industry-leading Adobe software such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, and Flash Professional.
- Built-in creative tools: Explore creatively with integrated drawing tools, nondestructive effects, built-in Adobe Photoshop effects, fine transparency controls, and support for 3D Photoshop artwork.
- Robust text composition: Create beautiful, sophisticated text with styles, text-wrap, the Paragraph Composer, OpenType support, drop caps, and style mapping for EPUB export.
- Multiple page sizes: Create pages with different sizes in a single document.
- Hunspell dictionary enhancements: Access more than 100 open source dictionaries.
- Drag-and-drop support for anchored objects: Add inline graphics and other anchored objects quickly and intuitively by simply dragging them to the desired anchor location in the text.
- Paragraphs that span or split columns: Quickly create a text that spans or splits into multiple columns into just a few steps.
- Efficient object selection and editing: Perform repetitive layout tasks efficiently using conventional tools and on-object controls.
- Document-installed fonts: Help eliminate font substitution issues with document-installed fonts.
- Adobe Mini Bridge: Find and drag images into page layouts from Adobe Mini Bridge without leaving InDesign.
- Live captions: Generate static or live captions automatically from image metadata.
- Comprehensive Layers panel: Easily manage page items with a Layers panel similar to the one in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
- Key object alignment: Align selected items to a key object you define.
- Liquid Layout: Apply liquid page rules to automatically adapt content when you create an alternate layout with a different size or orientation in InDesign.
- Alternate Layout: Efficiently create and design multiple versions of a layout for different devices and print needs, all within a single InDesign file.
Adobe InDesign is bundled with advanced features that make it the go-to application for professional print and production art. It provides a versatile publishing platform that can be used for publishing consistent content across web and mobile devices.
Download Software For PC