Keeping personal and important business information private is just as important as having a strong defense against the many threats that may impact the functioning of a simple home computer. When the security needs Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner involve protecting a web server, there are several possibilities to add supplemental safety measures.
First of all, the administrator should assess the current state of the network security and to do so, a tool such as Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner may prove a gem. Mainly aimed at web applications and related content, the software is able to scan for and detect a wide range of exposures, many of which are common to several environments.
Configure the scan process and generate accurate reports
Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner features a web-based interface but no worries, everything is intuitive and easy to work with. You start by adding one or more target websites, which can be then organized into different groups. You must then go through the scan configuration process, by choosing the scan speed and entering login data, if any, selecting the crawling agent, setting exclusions, managing HTTP authentication and client certificates. Moreover, you can force Acunetix to use a specific technology when scanning, or add custom headers and cookies.
Thanks to the AcuSensor, Acunetix can be configured to gather more information about your PHP or .NET web application, which increases its accuracy.
Check your website for low, medium and high severity vulnerabilities
With Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner it is possible to find out if a system is exposed to various types of code injection and execution, as well as to the widespread cross-site scripting (XSS) attacks.
Acunetix is also able to inspect folder permissions and discover potentially unsafe HTTP methods that may be active on the target web server. Port scanning is another activity you can try with this application because if it discovers open ports, Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner will immediately start testing in-depth the network security starting from that possible point of intrusion.
Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner can be instructed to create several types of reports. General reports highlight affected items and development vulnerabilities, while compliance reports check the compatibility with several security standards.
Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner Features:
- Firewalls, SSL and Hardened Networks Are Futile Against Web Application Hacking
- The Technology Leaders in Automated Web Application Security
- Fast, Accurate, Easy to Use
In-depth Crawl & Analysis:
- Accurately Crawl and Scan with DeepScan Technology
- Hassle-free Authenticated Web Application Testing
- Malware URL Detection
Highest Detection Rate:
- In-depth SQL Injection and Cross-site Scripting (XSS) Vulnerability Testing
- Advanced Automated DOM-based XSS Vulnerability Testing
- Detection of Blind XSS, XXE, SSRF, Host Header Attacks and Email Header Injection
Lowest False Positives:
- Interactive Security Testing with AcuSensor
- Pinpoints Exact Location of Vulnerabilities
- Back-end File Crawling
- Lowest False Positive Rates
- AcuSensor Detects Critical Vulnerabilities with 100% Accuracy
- Your Vulnerability Management Program in One Consolidated View
- Track Issues, not PDFs
- Advanced Management and Compliance Reporting
- Scan for Vulnerable WordPress Plugins
- WordPress Configuration File Disclosure
- Username Enumeration and Weak Password Guessing
- Scan Perimeter Network Services
- Testing for Network Vulnerabilities
- Detecting Network Security Mis-configurations
- Take Automated Scanning Further
- Automatic Web Application Firewall (WAF) configuration
- Integration and Extensibility
A powerful vulnerability scanner for any web developer
Since it is packed with features and is accompanied by powerful technologies, Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner is a solid contender insofar as web server testing and network security examination are concerned. Quite user-friendly and not at all difficult to use, this software is indeed one that deserves a closer look if you have certain doubts that your environment is foolproof.