ACDSee Photo Editor is an excellent app to edit, retouch, and enhance your images. The photo viewer software created by ACDSee was one of the first tools of its kind. You can load images into this photo editor and jump straight into GPU-accelerated layered editing with pixel-based precision targeting tools, filters, and adjustments. Photo Editor 11 is now stocked with RAW support for over 600 camera models, blended image cloning, the ability to create your own color adjustments, enhanced control over text and layers, and dozens of new features to give you the flexibility to actualize composites, manipulations, polished photography, and compelling graphics with ease.
ACDSee Photo Editor is very easy to use. It features a nicely designed interface that will make you feel in your element from the very first moment you start the program. You have a bottom filmstrip with your images, the main area that displays the selected image and a top toolbar with all the features and options you need.
it is an excellent photo editor with which you can not only fix and enhance your images but also apply artistic filters and do creative projects with them. ACDSee Photo Editor, you have the power to transform any shot into your most extraordinary one yet.
It boasts the 64-bit power to actualize the original graphics, polished photography, and compelling art imagery you’ve been envisioning. Enhance photos with pixel-based editing tools, precision targeting, hundreds of filters and adjustments. Users also don’t need to worry about the cameras they are using as more than 500 camera models are compatible with the software.
Acdsee Photo Editor actually teaches you how to make the creative changes you want, like adding Lens Flare, Glowing Edges, Oil Paint, and other cool effects. Photo Editor also teaches you how to fix common photo problems, like poor exposure, red-eye, awkward framing, fuzziness, skin blemishes, lens flares, etc. With its guided tutorials, each and every step to creating perfect photos is made easy and enjoyable for you.
This software is a dedicated image adjustment suite that offers built-in RAW editing support and layered editing. The software is considered a great alternative to other more expensive software such as Photoshop and works well for users who do not require advanced image manipulation features. Photo Editor not only allows efficiently managing digital assets but also provides powerful tools to process RAW files and retouch with layers. Easy-to-use tools help automate processes and make it easier for users to quickly adjust images. Tools such as Pixel Targeting, Frequency Separation, and Smart Erase simplify workflows and allow users to achieve more in less time.
Organizing and Importing Photos
ACDSee Photo Editor uses a modal interface. These are basically tabs across the top of the application window that change the interface based on what you’re doing in the app—organizing, editing, exporting, and so on. The interface is flexible, letting you undock and auto-hide panels if you like.
One fun organization feature maps. ACDSee Photo Editor can use GPS encoding in files that have it to show the images on a map. You can also drag photo thumbnails onto the map to create pins for their locations.
ACDSee includes tools to correct pincushion and barrel distortion based on known characteristics of the equipment used. The program correctly identified my camera model, and applied the auto-fix, making a subtle improvement to a wide-angle shot, but there were still skewed objects at the image’s edges. You can increase the effect,, which completely aligns vertical lines. ACDSee fares even worse when it comes to chromatic aberration correction. In my tests, it barely affected green and purple fringing that Lightroom and DxO PhotoLab were able to completely eradicate.
ACDSee Photo Professional’s Edit mode is where you find pixel-level tools such as retouching, watermarking, and text overlay. The mode sports a long list of tools down the left panel. Some development tools are also found in the edit, but I’d prefer a design that keeps tools in their place, giving the Edit mode a friendlier look.
ACDSee Photo Editor Features
- Face Detection & Facial Recognition: Automatically identifies faces and assigns a name to them.
- Improved RAW Support: Make the most of your RAW images with Photo Editor 11’s vastly improved built-in support for over 600 camera models.
- Blend of the clones: Use the Blended Clone tool to copy pixels from a source area to a target area. ACDSee Photo Editor analyzes the pixels in the target area and blends them with the copied pixels for the most seamless repair yet.
- Endless Creativity: Seamlessly color grade your images by importing and applying LUTs as non-destructive filters. Develop your own LUTs using an infinite combination of colorful adjustment layers and use your LUTs as additional adjustment layers themselves.
- Layer Effects: Add inner glow, shadows, a bevel, an outline, or blur between your image and text layers. Save as a .acdc file and continue editing your layer effects at a future date.
- Handle Any Geometric Imperfection: Snap objects, text, and images to the top, bottom, sides, or corners of your canvas while moving. Display a grid for precision situating.
- Align and Blend Your Layers: Auto-align or auto-blend layers of images taken in a burst to achieve one optimal version of the subject.
- Harmonious Balance: High-dynamic-range imaging (HDR) is a trick in digital photography that is designed to achieve a wide dynamic range of luminosity by merging multiple images. Combine a series of images with different exposures to produce a single image with the maximum range of details in their shadows and highlights with the HDR tool.
- Improved Slider Look: Sleek, modern-looking sliders now give you more control over your adjustments.
- Easy automation: Create an Action by recording your editing process, categorize and manage your Actions, and batch apply any of 125+ pre-loaded Actions to multiple images at once
- Import / Export Actions: Share your Actions with other users by exporting them as convenient, compressed packages, or receive actions made by friends, enjoying the limitless creative potential of recorded actions.
- Improved Black & White: In Black & White mode, increase or decrease the contrast of each individual color, and specify the brightness range that the contrast adjustment will target.
- Luminosity Selection: Create selections based on the brightness in your images. The brighter a pixel is, the stronger a selection will be on that pixel.
- Copy / Paste Masks: Copy color images and paste them as luminance masks on other layers, including adjustment layers.
- Improved Customizable Shortcuts: Whip through your editing process with customizable hotkeys available for every stage of your workflow
- Split Tone Adjustment Layer: You can tint shadows and highlights respectively with a non-destructive adjustment layer
- Lens Correction: Correct barrel and pincushion distortion by applying the fix calibrated for the distortion inherent to the lens used.
- Pixel Targeting: Select and mask by targeting specific brightness ranges and colors within the image — even skin tones.
- Chromatic Aberration: Heal colored fringes on the borders of high contrast areas with the Chromatic Aberration tool.
- Liquify: Retouch images by moving pixels, not changing them, for limitless photo manipulations.
- Smart Erase: Brush over unwanted objects with the Smart Erase tool and watch them disappear instantly. The Smart Erase tool fills in the area naturally.
- Compatibility: Enjoy comprehensive support for all of the most popular image formats. ACDSee Photo Editor also provides comprehensive color management.
- Polygon Selection Tool: Select around edges and irregular shapes. Other highlights include support for high-DPI display, Snapshots that let you make copies in mid-edit, Dehaze and Skin Tune tools, and a good selection of filters and effects.
- Built-In RAW Support: Take control of your RAW images by removing noise, sharpening, balancing shadows and highlights, targeting colors, and by using a wide variety of other repairs, geometry, exposure, color, and detail-oriented improvements. Then save as an ACDSee file, which preserves your layers and allows for future non-destructive adjustments. It supports the row Editing of over 500 camera models.
- Clear & Concise Control: The Dehaze adjustment layer will remove dust, smoke, vapor, or other particles affecting clarity, and restore detail, contrast, and lost color. By using layer masks to control layers’ transparency, you can hide and reveal mist in choice locations, reclaim focus for the subject, and direct the eye.
- Layered Retouching & Repair: No foundation, no concealer, no reshoots. You can non-destructively smooth away blemishes and flaws without strenuous, targeted color corrections or blending. Use the Repair tool to copy pixels from flawless areas and blend them into flawed ones for a natural restoration. Combine the Repair tool with a Skin Tune adjustment layer to even tone and restore glow.
- Appearance: ACDSee Photo Editor is completely customizable that includes hotkeys too! For enhanced workflow efficiency, you can tear off, move, stack, dock, and hide panes and toolbars anywhere you like.
- Performance: Get down to work right away with rapid launching. With GPU-accelerated layers engine and adjustment layers, as well as quality performance for speedy filter application, the Photo Editor will get you finished faster.
- Photoshop Plug-ins: Import and apply Photoshop plug-ins for further creative freedom.
- Selection Simplified: ACDSee Photo Editor makes precision adjustments by targeting specific parts of your image with the Selection Brush. Detect edges by selecting based on color, brightness, or a combination of both. Create a mask from your selection. Add lighting, color, detail, or effects-style adjustment layers to your selection. Invert the selection and impact the rest of the image with a different edit.
ACDSee Photo Editor Pros and Cons
|This software offers a wide selection of photo editing tools at an affordable price.||The photo editor lacks some advanced editing capabilities, such as HDR imaging and lens distortion correction.|
|Responsive performance||Not intuitive interface if to compare with competitors|
|Integration with ACDSee 365||Interface not as polished as others. Lens-profile-based image correction tools are less effective than the competition. Weak noise and chromatic aberration tools|
|Easy sharing||No web features|
|Solid tutorials||Limited Output file support|
|Version||Photo Editor 22.214.171.124|
|Processor||Intel® Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon® 64 processor (2 GHz or faster)|
|RAM||2 GB RAM (6 GB RAM recommended)|
|Graphics Card||DirectX 10 compatible graphics adapter|
|Display Resolution||High Color display adapter at 1024 x 768 resolution (1280 x 1024 recommended)|
|Hard Disk Space||2 GB of available hard disk space|
|Browser||Microsoft® Internet Explorer® 9+|
|Operating System||Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10|