8 Ball Pool is the biggest & best multiplayer Pool game online! Play billiards for FREE against other players & friends in 1-on-1 matches, enter tournaments to win big! Level up and earn Pool Coins for your wins. Customize with cues & clothes in the Pool Shop. Also available for FREE on iPhone, iPad, iTouch & Android devices.
8 Ball Pool gameplay with friends! Play with Legends. Play the hit Miniclip game on your mobile and become the best!
COMPETE 1-ON-1 OR IN 8 PLAYER TOURNAMENTS.
Refine your skills in the practice mode, take on the world in 1-VS-1 matches, or enter tournaments to win trophies and exclusive cues!
PLAY FOR POOL COINS AND EXCLUSIVE ITEMS
Customize your cue and table! In every competitive 1-VS-1 match you play, there’ll be Pool Coins at stake – win the match and the Coins are yours. You can use these to enter higher ranked matches with bigger stakes or to buy new items in the Pool Shop.
CHALLENGE YOUR FRIENDS
Playing friends is easy: sign in with your Miniclip or Facebook account and you’ll be able to challenge your friends straight from the game. Challenge friends anytime, anywhere and show off your skills.
Level up option
8 Ball Pool’s level game system means you’re always facing a challenge. Play matches to increase your rank and get access to more exclusive match locations, where you play against only the best Pool players.
Some important rules of 8 Ball Pool
- To call a pocket all you need to do is click the pocket you want to pot the ball into. Some of the mid-ranked tables require you to call the pocket on the 8 Ball and the higher rank tables require you to call a pocket for every ball.
Fouls that will result in a ball in hand for the other player
- Running out of time: you have a short amount of time to take your shot, so don’t take too long or play passes to the other player. Your time gets a little shorter with every ball you pot in a game.
- Cue ball not hitting your own balls: if the white doesn’t make contact with one of your own balls before hitting your opponent’s balls, or it misses altogether, this is a foul.
- No ball hitting the rail: if neither the object ball nor the cue ball hit the rail around the edge of the table, this is a foul. This is to designed to prevent negative play
Potting the 8 Ball: the following situations are fouls and result in the win being awarded to the other player.
- Potting the 8 Ball before all your object balls have been potted.
- Potting the cue ball and the 8 Ball on the same shot.
- Potting any colored ball before the 8 Ball on the same shot.
- In a tier that requires calling pocket on the 8 Ball, potting the 8 Ball into an uncalled pocket.
Illegally Pocketed Balls
All balls that are illegally pocketed stay “down,” with the exception of the 8 ball which results in a loss of game for the shooter.
- Breaking off
- If you get to break off, you can move the cue ball anywhere in the space to the left of the white line.
- If you pot one of more balls during your break you get another turn. However, the table will remain “open” so you can choose if you want to pot the spots or stripes.
- However, any spotted or striped balls potted during the break won’t count until you pot either pattern during your next turn.
- If you pot the cue ball on your break, the opponent gets a ball in hand.
- Having a ball in hand
- You will be able to move the cue ball anywhere on the table. Hover the mouse over the cue ball and it will change to a hand symbol for you to pick the ball up.
- On Mobile just swipe to drag the ball around the table.
- Using spin
- Spin can help you better position the cue ball after you’ve taken a shot, setting you up for your next one. You can also use it to snooker your opponent or stop you from potting the cue ball on your turn.
- You can put spin on the ball by moving the red symbol on the cue ball with your mouse or using the arrow keys. That will cause the ball to spin in that direction after it’s hit a ball.
- On Mobile, all you need to do is tap the cue ball in the top right of the screen and move the red circle to apply spin in that direction.
- Challenging/adding friends
- You can challenge your Facebook friends if you’ve linked your Facebook and Miniclip accounts. Check our knowledge base to see how.
- You can search for a user if you know their player name. NOTE: players will only show up in search if they are online.
- You can search using user IDs (Mobile only).
- You can add a player by clicking the “plus” sign on their profile picture.
- How do I earn coins/cash for free
- You can earn 25 coins every 30 mins on Web and 1 hour on Mobile. Tap of the Free Coins button to get the coins.
- You can also watch short adverts to earn coins.
- You earn 1 Pool Cash each time you level up.
8 Ball Pool UNBLOCKED
You can play the 8 Ball Pool single as well as multiplayer with multiplayer support at the same time. With the participation of players in different countries every day, the 8 Ball Pool GAMES, which has managed to increase the number of players seriously, can be played in an unobstructed way with all unlocked sections unhindered. However, if you want to play on our site, you can play as many online games as you like without any obstacles like 8 Ball Pool. Unblock your hands at our disposal, all the fun unblocked games on our site! All you have to do is to click on the game you want and take your place in this game.
- Spin & Win
- Spin the wheel to win a variety of prizes. The top prizes are pretty rare, but thousands of Lucky Cues are won each day! You get one free spin each day you log in.
- Scratch & Win
- Scratch the cards to match 3 and win big. Not every card is a winner, but the prizes tend to be higher than Spin & Win.
- Guess if the next number will higher or lower – you can win up to 250k coins! You can cash out anytime over 500 coins.
- Spin & Win
8 Ball Pool FAQ:
My coins are going down, even when I win!
- Sounds like you have Auto-Recharge turned on for the cues you are using.
- Head to the cues menu and tap on any cue you own.
- A menu will appear underneath showing a slider that enables or disables the Auto-Recharge. If you want to disable it, just slide it to red and it’s done!
How do I use a photo as my profile picture?
- Unfortunately, you cannot add a personal picture from your hard drive of the photo album to your profile.
- However, you can use one of your Facebook photos instead of your Yo-Me when you use the Facebook connect. In this case, your profile picture from the Facebook account becomes your Yo-Me picture.
- Learn how to connect using your Facebook account here and how you can choose between your Facebook name and your username or your Facebook picture or Yo-Me, here.
What are Cues With Powers?
Ever wished your cue had greater shot strength or could put even more spin on the ball than normal? How about when you’re on the black, and you want just a little more time to line up the winning shot? Cues With Powers will allow you to do all this and more – you’ll be able to take your game to the next level.
It’ll also add even more depth and strategy to 8 Ball Pool: we’ll be reintroducing the ability to switch your cues during games, allowing you to choose a cue for specific situations.
- Each cue will have 4 different attributes:1) Spin – this is the amount of spin you can put on your shot2) Force – how hard you can hit the cueball3) Aim – this determines the length of your aim-line when taking a shot4) Time – this determines how much time you have to take your shot course, there’s no insta-win cue – you’re still going to need the skill to win! But it does mean that some will be better suited for certain situations. You may want to use a Force cue to try and pot more balls off the break, or you may decide that a cue with a better Aim will help you make a game-winning shot into the middle pocket.
- Using the Pool Shop
- You can buy Pool cues, table frames, colours, patterns and chat phrases and Pool cash.
- You can also buy Pool Coins and Cash.
- Cues With Powers: cues have different statistics, and choosing the right one for you is important
- We do not recommend any 8 ball pool hack other than an official website of miniclip.com
Important tips, tricks, and 8 ball pool cheats for beginners
8 Ball Pool lets you shoot some stick with competitors around the world. It is wildly entertaining but can also gobble up a lot of time as you ride out a winning streak or try and redeem yourself after a crushing loss. All of this in the name of earning coins and cash to buy better cues and play at high-stakes tables.
If you’re just starting out with 8 Ball Pool, we’ve rounded up some basic tips for beginners to help you play better and earn more coins and cash right off the bat…er, cue!
- Choose your tables wisely
- Open the app every day
- Buy a better cue
- Use a little English
- Shoot faster
- Extend your aim
1. Open the app every day
Even if you don’t have time to play a full round, it’s a good idea to open the app daily. Every day you get one free spin on the Spin and Win lever. Spins can earn your coins, cash, or even mystery boxes which allow you to build better pool cues piece by piece. You can always purchase more spins (and sometimes earn additional free spins), but this is an easy way to start building up your coin and cash collection without even playing a round of pool.
2. Choose your tables wisely
When you’re just starting out, you don’t want to get hustled out of your meager coin collection by some shark! There are several tables initially available to play, but as you swipe sideways you’ll notice the tables have larger entry fees. At the beginning, stick to the Downtown London Pub until you get a good handle on your pool cue, and then try moving on to Sydney. As the entry fee increases, the pots grow accordingly, so you can earn money much faster as you go to more advanced tables, but wait until your skills are ready for the high-stakes tables.
3. Use a bit English
English refers to the spin you put on the cue ball when taking your shot. Sometimes you’ll have a tricky shot where the ball you want to sink is dangerously close to the pocket. Instead of shooting with minimal power, tap on the cue ball button in the top right corner of the screen. From here you can cap on the spot you want to make contact with on the cue ball. Tapping near the bottom adds backspin, which is handy if the ball you’re aiming for is close to the pocket. Tapping near the top adds front spin, propelling your ball forward even after it hits your target ball (handy for breaking). Tapping the sides can help the cue ball move in the desired direction after you hit your target ball, setting you up for your next shot.
English can be a bit tricky to use, so give it some practice. Experiment with different contact spots on the cueball and different ratios of English to power on each shot until you become a full-on pool shark.
4. Buy a better cue
This is a quick way to give yourself an advantage right out of the gate. By using the few coins you initially earn to upgrade your cue, you’ll have more success at winning your matches. The first cues you will have access to purchase can give you slight advantages to make you shoot with more power, extend your aiming guides, improve your cue ball control, or increase the amount of time you have to shoot. The more you play, the more cues you can unlock for purchase. Initially, the cues you can access are just okay, but as you log more hours and wins you can use the coins you earn in the game to buy cues with some really great benefits.
5. Shoot faster
There’s nothing worse in 8 Ball Pool than having your shot lined up just right then suddenly your turn is up before you’ve made your shot! Instead of a clock to time your shots, a little green square envelopes your avatar and starts counting down your time. To line up your shots quicker, do so by tapping and dragging on the pool table surface in front of the tip of the cue (this will move the cue faster), then make more precise shot adjustments by dragging from the cue’s handle until it’s positioned exactly where you want.
6. Extend your aim
With the basic cue, once you line up your cue ball with the ball your are targeting, very short lines will appear to show you in what direction the target ball will roll. A simple cheat to give yourself a little better aim is to have a small piece of paper, Post-it note, or anything with a straight edge nearby. Once your shot is lined up, hold the straight edge between the aiming lines and the pocket you want to sink, to have a better idea if your aim is accurate. Just make sure to do this quickly because the clock is still ticking!
4.0.3 and up
6 December 2018
8 Ball Pool Fun Facts (real-world game played on real tables)
1. Today, billiard balls are made from various plastics. Before plastics were invented, billiard balls were made from ivory. Billiard balls were once cut from the center of a tusk, and one elephant yielded approximately 6-8 balls.
2. Throughout history, billiards has bridged the gap between the aristocracy and the masses.
3. At times, including during the Civil War, billiard results received wider coverage than war news. Players were so renowned that cigarette cards were issued featuring them.
4. In the 15th century France, billiards play was forbidden, by the Church, as well as the King. In early American history, actual laws were passed, outlawing the game in many parts of the land.
5. The first coin-operated billiard table was patented in 1903. The cost of a game on the first pay-for-play table: one penny.6. Billiards was the first sport to have a world championship (1873).
6. Billiards was the first sport to have a world championship (1873).
7. Billiards evolved from a lawn game similar to croquet played sometime during the 15th century in Northern Europe (probably in France).
8. Pool is one of the safest sports in the world.
Enjoy 8 Ball Pool!