3D Coat Modeling is an advanced program that allows you to create a 3D model with great detail in which you can add textures, colors, and other special effects. It has a complex interface that contains a multitude of features and options. All the tools and the options are disposed of so that you can have a large overview of the current project.
3D Coat Modeling Key Features
Easy Texturing & PBR
- Microvertex, Per-pixel, or Ptex painting approaches
- Realtime Physically Based Rendering viewport with HDRL
- Smart Materials with easy set-up options
- Multiple paint Layers. Popular blending modes. Layer groups
- Tight interaction with Photoshop
- Texture size up to 16k
- Fast Ambient Occlusion and Curvature map calculation
- Rich toolset for all kind of painting tasks
Voxel (volumetric) sculpting key features:
- No topological constraints. Sculpt as you would with Clay
- Complex boolean operations. Fast kitbashing workflow
Traditional sculpting offers you such powerful technology as:
- Adaptive dynamic tesselation (Live Clay)
- Dozens of fast and fluid sculpting brushes
- Boolean operations with crisp edges
Ultimate Retopo Tools
- Auto-retopology (AUTOPO) with user-defined edge loops
- Fast and easy-to-use manual Retopo tools
- Possibility to import reference mesh for retopologization
- Use your current low-poly mesh as your retopo mesh
- Retopo groups with color palette for better management
- Advanced baking settings dialog
Fast & Friendly UV Mapping
- Professional toolset for creating and editing UV-sets
- Native Global Uniform (GU) unwrapping algorithm
- Multiple UV-sets support and management
- Support ABF, LSCM, and Planar unwrapping algorithms
- Individual islands tweaking
- Lastly, it is fast, easy, and fun to use.
- Voxel technology, which allows you to start creating models without thinking about the topology
- The program has very good integration with Adobe Photoshop, it helps a lot in the texturing process
- The program allows you to split textures into layers, which facilitates the imposition of effects
- Support for management with 3D manipulator 3DConnexion
- Layers contain depth, color, and mirror image. You can disable or enable any of these channels and apply effects to them – extrusion, transparency, contrast, depth multiplication, etc.
- It is possible to draw via UV as easily as on 3D models. Almost all tools can do this
- Each feather has many channels – color, depth, mirror, and grater
- It is possible to fill the area with a gradient and spherical fill
- Filters for image correction and preview the result in 3D
- Perhaps the imposition of text on the surface. The text is located along the spline, you can even write text around the entire object.
- You can draw not only with a brush but with the help of a contour, a rectangle or an ellipse.
3D Coat Benefits
- Possibility of resolution-independent texture locking over the layer. Importing or calculation of normal map, occlusion, the cavity will lock the layer. Texture will be saved to disk. As soon as you change the resolution, the locked texture will be used instead of the current layer state resampling. It is very important when you want to paint the materials in low quality of textures and then get high quality at the end.
- Moving smart materials to other folder takes less space in the RMB menu, it is consolidated into a single line with the submenu.
- Support of 16-bit PNG for alphas.
- Edge width correction for Cube mapping, a dedicated settings panel for cube mapping.
- The CutOff in a surface mode completely redone. Now the shape of the cut is very uniform and accurate. The depth and backplane limitations produce an accurate sharp cut. Soft booleans supported (see image).
- Soft booleans for all primitives, volumes merging, cutoff.
- List of ghosted, isolated volumes stored into the scene file (3B).
- Much more stable and powerful Geometry->Close holes.
- Automatic closing of the objects before the voxelization.
- Store pose selection to layer, picking pose selection from the layer. Works similar (to some degree) to poly groups.
- Load/Save option for noise.
- Correct brushing on the edge of the mesh (blob effect decreased a lot).
- Pose tool angle snapping problem fixed.
- Sharp edges support in the Retopo Room. Baking, import/export support.
- Context-sensitive RMB menu in the retopo room is especially helpful in the “Select” tool for low-poly modeling.
- In UV settings you may control the default unwrapping method.
- Extrude-like tools in retopo room are more convenient and intuitive, similar to other 3d editors.
- Unwrap method “To stripe” has been polished and set as default within the “Unwrap” command to be used when applicable. This method unwraps strips of quads into accurate and straight lines. Unwrap detects such cases automatically.
Comparison of 3D Coat and Zbrush
|The 3D coat is also known in the game industry to be a great app to perform retopology.||ZBrush lets the user sculpt an object in fine detail with customizable 3D brushes.|
You can save and open your texture work in apps like Photoshop, work on them and send them directly back to 3D coat. It will remember your layers and update.
|Due to the nature of the program and how it uses high poly mesh sculpting it is best to consider this app when wanting high poly models, as that is what it aims to do best.|
|The 3D coat has made UVing my work go super fast and it’s actually quite fun because you’re finished in a breeze.||Meshes sculpted with ZBrush can contain billions of polygons, but tools are provided to cleanly reduce the poly count.|
|Operating System||Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10|
|Memory (RAM)||1 GB of RAM required.|
|Hard Disk Space||800 MB of free space required.|
|Processor||1 GHz Intel Pentium processor or later.|
|Software Title||3d Coat Modeling Software|
|Setup File Size||3d-Coat-V4_9-05-64.exe|
|License||30 days trial version|
|Setup Type:||Offline Installer / Full Standalone Setup|
Download 3D Model Software